A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

KG

Post by KG »

from a post on another topic:

by canav8 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:56 pm
KG I like your new ICON. Doug

Thanks Doug,

Nice little story behind that picture. I was pulling my plane out of the t-hanger not long ago just for a little evening joy ride. My hangar neighbor, who has an immaculate 135hp Super Cub, was also pulling his plane out for a flight with his son. He asked if I would like some photos of my plane so I said "sure". We took off and he formed up beside me for a few minutes and shot a few pics. I wasn't expecting much to come of it but it turns out he is quite the photographer. A few days later he emailed me several really nice photos and even slipped a large print of one of them under my door. What a nice guy.

Now, those photos were of such high resolution that I could have never posted it as an avatar but about that same time I ran across this link to a website which will re-size photos so they can be used as avatars on these web forums.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

For this forum you have to set the maximum size to 80 x 80. Worked like a charm.

Keith
53 170B
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: avatars

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

That is very cool that there is a web site to do this. I'm a PhotoShop wizard and have offered to help anyone with their avator. There are several on this forum that I helped with. It is not always easy to make them fit so this site will be nice but one thing I see that the site doesn't seem to offer and that is to make sure the file size is 6K or less. The 6K or less is the hard part sometimes.

For those who try this site and it doesn't work for them let me know and I'm pretty sure I can make your avator work. I've not failed yet.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Zreyn

Re: avatars

Post by Zreyn »

Thanks for that info KG,been trying to do that ever since I joined the TIC170A.Obviously I'm not very computer literate, so again Thanx
Do unto others............