Auto Gas STC

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

dlords

Auto Gas STC

Post by dlords »

Does anyone have a copy of the auto gas stc that they would be will to send to me?
phantomphixer

auto gas STC

Post by phantomphixer »

Do you need the Petersen(sp) or the EAA STC. I have the EAA STC. I'll be more than happy to fax it. Won't be able to get at it until later today.
PM me your fax #.
Phantomphixer
55' 170B N3585C
Somerton, AZ
GAHorn

Re: Auto Gas STC

Post by GAHorn »

dlords wrote:Does anyone have a copy of the auto gas stc that they would be will to send to me?
If you want a LEGAL Auto-Gas STC you will have to pay the owner for it. A simple "copy" of someone else's does not meet the legal requirements. (In other words, you might as well just burn the fuel and not worry about having a non-valid copy of someone else's copy of a copied STC.) :?
The only STC that you might obtain legally without payment to the owner of the STC that I am aware of is the original EAA STC which is now in the public domain. It's the one I have for my airplane. (It is also useless, because the fuel specified in that STC is no longer made anywhere in the world. Modern fuels no longer are made to the ones specified in the STC....so it's not useable. That's OK with me because I never use autogas. But if I did use autogas.... ) :twisted:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
N1277D

AvGas Specs

Post by N1277D »

For some background on AvGas, see http://www.chevron.com/products/prodser ... ationfuel/

Over the years, there has been a trend in the AvGas standards from meeting engine specs to meeting other requirements. AvGas specifications are set by an independant ASTM committe.

The material is worth a review and reading. There are references to engine development, a history of the AvGas specification, how it has changed with time. The spec today is different than 60-70 years ago when the C145 was being developed. As with any specifications there are compromises made to achieve a useful product.

Engines that performed well on the spec 50 years ago, may not perform as well on the revised spec 50 years later.