Dog lovers

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy

Re: Dog lovers

Post by flyguy »

Brother Harley P sent me a .pps with several dog pictures and sayings. It took quite a while to unwrap but had some neat pics with captions. If someone wants it send me an e-mail and i'll forward it.
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
15A

Post by 15A »

It's snowin' like crazy up here in New England, and the snow banks are high and the roads narrow.

I've edited this post to remove what I said.
I had seen negligence today that cost a good dog his future.

Take care of your pets...
Joe Craig
'56 C172 Taildragger N6915A
'46 Aeronca Champ N65HM
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Dog's Joy at seeing owner after tsunami ordeal:
(you'll have to watch a 15-second ad first)
http://www.kirotv.com/video/27422963/index.html
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

If dogs could speak:

"You want to find Ol'Gar ??? YOU sniff it!"
pic15678[1].JPG
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

gahorn wrote:If dogs could speak:

"You want to find Ol'Gar ??? YOU sniff it!"
pic15678[1].JPG
One wiff of those shorts and Helen Keller could find Ol'Gar!!!!!!!!!!!
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

This guy should be turned in.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

(This video bears distinct similarities to what I've seen Ol'Gar do to "Bandit".... it's pitiful to see how he torments her...) :lol:
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

My Beandog’s hips stop working recently and he could no longer get up and down the stairs in our house. Yesterday I had to make one of the hardest decisions of my life. I chose to put him down and end the pain he had been suffering. The vet said I could put him on steroids but that would only extend his life a matter of months. It is a sad time at our house, I have 2 small boys who are in for a dose of reality. We haven’t told them yet as they are in camp this week. It sucks to lose a good friend. He was 15 years old.
Attachments
CIMG0073.JPG
CIMG0073.JPG (65.89 KiB) Viewed 11696 times
mike roe

Post by mike roe »

Bill
Sorry about your loss. Here is something that might help you and anyone who has lost a good dog.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

We're facing that matter in Spicewood in the not distant future. Hang in there, Bill. There's a puppy re-incarnated soon in whom you'll find her again.

(or...the next stray that shows up might be another's wandering lost love ... perhaps captured/imprisioned, with bleak outlook...and needing a sweet home.)
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Bill,
Sorry about your best friend. I wish I could write something more, to consul you. But I can't see the screen, for the tears I have. thinking about having to put down my best friend, Sigma, a few years ago......
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Bill
I feel for ya.....

Thanks for the nice note Mike....it helps

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Hey Bill, sorry for your loss. Not an easy day but as my Dad would have said "He/She's your dog and it's your obligation to treat them well". That's tough in those final days.

I too am getting closer to that decision. My 16 year old lab is having some tough days. What I've tried to do and am doing now, is asking myself "When is he/she no longer a dog?" If they don't enjoy eating, can't get up out of bed, can't relieve themselves outside, no longer gets up and wags their tail when they see you, or does the million other things that we all enjoy seeing a dog do (and know that they too enjoy it) - well then it's time to make that tough call.

Enjoy the memories........
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Mike

I thought your note looked familar to me. I work at a Vet Clinic and enclosed is one of our cards we send out to our clients after they have put their companion animal down. The card comes from "Paws to Remember" p.o. box 595 Excelsior Mn 55331 or http://www.pawstoremember.com
Rainbow Bridge.jpg
Rainbow Bridge 2.jpg
It's a nice site and you can order there.

W.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

George

I don't know if I broke some rules by posting this site, if so please let me know or delete my post. I know we are not to advertise things for sale for other people.

W.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
mike roe

Post by mike roe »

Thats a nice site. I will look it over . My wife had heard about that poem and sent it to her nephew. He breeds Labs in Luray,VA. One of his field Labs he used in competition, and put thru schooling was killed by a lightning strike. I dont know but imagine that is even harder to come home and find your prized possesion and companion gone. It is a good poem.