Dog lovers

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: Dog lovers

Post by GAHorn »

Now that I know how easy it is to get to bluEldr, I'll have to post another! :lol:
dog kiss 2.JPG
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

It is especially appetizing to watch a dog licking a childs face after just eating its own feces.
BL
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

You must have had some pretty deranged dogs in your childhood, Dick. I've witnessed some dogs do that (usually diabetic dogs), but never any that I've owned. (This is a dog-LOVER's thread...perhaps you were looking for a different subject?) :wink:
walking the dog.JPG
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

George my current German Shepard use to eat her on poop but not because she was diabetic though that might be a cause. In her case it was probably a behaviour learned because she was not trained and got beaten by her previous owner. She was eating the evidence. We quickly retrained her.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Sorry George. Guess I'm watching the wrong thread. I was really looking for C-170 stuff.
BL
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

blueldr wrote:Sorry George. Guess I'm watching the wrong thread. I was really looking for C-170 stuff.
Dick, there is hope for you: In spite of your curmugeonly reputation, you did click on a topic titled "Dog lovers". :wink:

Personally, I'm glad we have this section where we can just "hang out". The description says that The Pilot Lounge is "A place to relax and discuss flying topics", but I like to think of it as a section where we can talk about most anything (within certain bounds of decorum) that might come up in any actual pilot's lounge.

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

cessna170bdriver wrote:
........................... (within certain bounds of decorum) that might come up in any actual pilot's lounge.
Miles
Would this face licking have anything to do with left over mothers milk on the baby's faces? :o
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

I think it has more to do with the normal social behavior of dogs.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

N9149A wrote:I think it has more to do with the normal social behavior of dogs.
I have to go along with Bruce, If Mac isn't outside chasing rabbits, she is in the shop at my heal, waiting for me to bend down for something so she can lick my face! I only WISH it was left over mothers milk she was after! :lol: :lol: :lol: ....Brad
ginbug92b

Post by ginbug92b »

First attempt at pictures, hope these pictures are as heart warming as all the other dog pictures. The dog by my plane (Gingerbug) had to be put down on Labor Day , which was a few days after that picture was taken. Waited 2 months and got the 2 Collie pups. I love them to death but still miss Ginger.
Attachments
Maggie, The female terror.  Thought of naming her Cessna but the wife wouldn't hear of it.
Maggie, The female terror. Thought of naming her Cessna but the wife wouldn't hear of it.
Daddy's boy, Piper
Daddy's boy, Piper
My beloved Gingerbug
My beloved Gingerbug
Mark 55B N4492B 53PA-18 N3357A
Joe Moilanen

Post by Joe Moilanen »

Some dogs just have it lucky I guess.

Joe
Mav.jpg
Top-dog.jpg
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

We've been working on this for some time.....Dad's got it down to an art.....I just got Macky to sit and hold her head so I can set the "Snausage" on her nose......When I say "OK" she snapps it up without it hitting the floor.....Brad
P1280017.JPG
Zreyn

Post by Zreyn »

A perfect example of "Why some dogs bite their people" :D
Do unto others............
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

Now, this is a DOG!
Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue great dane who could be the world's tallest dog.
Standing at nearly 43 inches tall from paw to shoulder, and weighing a staggering 245lbs, could this be the world's new tallest dog?
Pictured here in the parks of Tuscon , Arizona , George, a four-year-old blue great dane, looks more like a miniature horse than a dog.

'Giant George' and owner Dave Nasser share a couch together: The four-year-old blue great dane, weighs a staggering 245lbs and measures almost 43ins at the shoulder
The gentle giant, who measures 7ft 3ins from nose to tail, could be a prime contender to take the title from the former record holder, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane who passed away from cancer last August.
Now George's owners, David and Christine Nasser, are awaiting confirmation from Guinness World Records to see if he has achieved the lofty heights.
'He's 42.625 inches at the shoulder,' said David. 'He's very very unique.'
According to David, George consumes 110lbs of food every month, and sleeps alone in his own Queen Size Bed.
David and Christine raised George from when he was 7 weeks old, but never expected him to grow so big.
Enlarge
Magnificent: George measures more than 7ft from nose to tail.
big dog.jpg
big dog.jpg
Curtis
1950 A model 1256D
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up. 'The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump.'

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne