Dog lovers

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: Dog lovers

Post by GAHorn »

blueldr wrote:And then, of course, there was the dyslexic agnostic who wondered if there really was a DOG!
You old dog! :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
mike roe

Post by mike roe »

Teaching our new Brittany to retrieve rivets.
Attachments
DSCN2381.JPG
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

That is one good looking dog. If it can distinguish between -3 and -4 rivets.....It's a keeper.....Brad
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

...and the dog's name is "Buck-O?" or Cleco? :lol:
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
cfzxo

Post by cfzxo »

Hey George. good one :D
Sort of like the Jack and Russ thing, when I guess at it I'm usually half right or wrong. :D

Bill
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

gahorn wrote:...and the dog's name is "Buck-O?" or Cleco? :lol:
Cleco....That is an excellent name for a dog......I said it outloud, and Mackinsy raised her head from where she was sleeping. Looked at me...as to say what the hell are you talking about? I said, that's the name of my next dog.....if I ever have one. (I didn't want this one, but My daughter, Kendel, thought I needed a dog around the shop.....so she got me one.....then left for Germany to teach school). Makey, then got a weired look on her face and came over for some love........Brad
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

MORE DOGGIEDO TOO - - We just had a SERIOUS type WX system blow through the last few hours. Our "Bandit" has a instinctive fear of thunder storms, and as soon as the boomers started she was whining at the door. She is usually an outside person (dog) but with the first lightning flash followed by thunder, she wants to be right under my feet. I IMAGINE HER REASONING IS "my master won't let anything happen to me"! At this big oak desk I sit at to surf the web, the knee hole becomes her "bomb" shelter. She doesn't mind that my feet rest on her back. She will be here till the storm is gone.
Attachments
IF YER SKEERT SAY YER SKEERT
IF YER SKEERT SAY YER SKEERT
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

baby kiss.JPG
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

The Old meets the New......very nice. Trust and Loyalty what more can you ask.....

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

I guess I'm a "Baby Lover", not a dog lover. I am repulsed by the picture of the dog licking the face the infant, and cannot imagine what kind of a parent would condone such an act.
BL
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Who needs a tissue when fido is around right :) BL
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

blueldr wrote:I guess I'm a "Baby Lover", not a dog lover. I am repulsed by the picture of the dog licking the face the infant, and cannot imagine what kind of a parent would condone such an act.
Considering all the places you've likely had your mouth, bluEldr.... I'll bet that dog's tongue is clean as a whistle! :lol:

(I was softened by the thought that dog was doing the best thing she could think of to care for that baby.)

Millions of women have given their children "spit baths" that were considerably more bacteria-laden than that retriever's. :wink:
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

When I was pretty young I had a cut on my leg and my grandfather's dog licked it. My grandfather said, "there's nothing cleaner than a dog's saliva." :D

I'm told there's actually some medical truth to that, due to its antibacterial properties. Makes sense to me, considering what a dog is willing to put in its mouth. 8O
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Blueldr that's what's called a butt kiss......the dog licks it's butt and then gives you a kiss :lol: :lol: :lol: Healthiest thing around....keeps ya from being grumpy and adds years to your life :wink:

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Everyone knows the story....I don't know,I'd pet the dog first :lol: .....I get the biggest laugh, every time I get to use that line.