Dog lovers

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

W.J.Langholz

Re: Dog lovers

Post by W.J.Langholz »

All

I'm glad you all have enjoyed this post. I sent the aurther a note maybe she will post something for us.
I was rather hesitant at first to post this becuase I didn't really know how it would be viewed but I watched it over and over and just had to share it.
What a great bunch of people here!! Thanks for being part of my life.

W.

p.s. You too George :D
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

W.J.Langholz wrote:Thanks for being part of my life.
W.

p.s. You too George :D
Bow....wow...

When you have a quiet moment you may enjoy this. I am thinking now of my sweet Roulette!. It will be a sad day in Spicewood someday in the allways-too-close future.
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/wheretob.htm
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

George, thank you for sharing something special. Very nicely said. When the time comes for Roulette, GoD will be there to help

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

For those who may have missed today's AOPA e-Brief:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03783.html

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
170C

Post by 170C »

Neat article Miles as are the others folks have posted.

(Geeze Miles, when do you sleep? Or is Karen making you sleep in the office :wink: )
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

170C wrote:(Geeze Miles, when do you sleep? Or is Karen making you sleep in the office :wink: )
Mostly on my one hour each way solo commute. 8O

Actually, I posted that just before I went to bed about 10:00 last night. It probably showed up at midnight North Texas time. :wink:
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

macky.jpg
Think she has a good life?....she is so sound asleep me getting out the camera from the file cabinet, didn't make her move...Brad
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

Here is my Bean Dog on the way down to Florida for Sun-N-Fun. He is a 13 year old mutt and the best dog I have ever had. He is getting very old and I don't think he will be with us this time next year as his health is deteriorating rapidly.
Attachments
CIMG0073.JPG
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Our youngest grandchild, Ava had a visitor from beneath the table.

Matthew 15:27
"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."
What's this?
What's this?
A secret is passed...
A secret is passed...
the perpetrator...
the perpetrator...
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

In the local paper: (how many of you have ever looked up from what you're doing and seen this?)
Click on this Picture:
click to ENLARGE
click to ENLARGE
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Brad Brady wrote:
The attachment macky.jpg is no longer available
Think she has a good life?....she is so sound asleep me getting out the camera from the file cabinet, didn't make her move...Brad
Here's her cousin enjoying the same lifestyle! (It's funny how she insists on snuggling and laying right-up against you, and then sleeps upside-down spread-eagled.) :lol:
click to ENLARGE
click to ENLARGE
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

George,
These Black dogs are wonderful, aren't they? Even when they aren't full-blood. When I first moved out of home I shared a place with a friend. On the way to work one afternoon, I saw, what I thought was a muskrat in the ditch....I, at the time always carried a loaded BL-22 Behind the seat of my pickup...(avid hunter) Muskrats were bringing three dollars a pelt at the time.I thought I had just made six bucks on the way to work...It turned out to be two lab mix dogs. some SOB's had dumped...I picked them both up, and took them to the Vet's, (since I always left for work early) and said that I thought that the good looking one had a broken hip....OH well, If I was wrong I'd take him. But the scraggly looking (but very defencive, for he and his brother) I would take anyway....I got Ashley....His brother did have a broken hip and was euthanized.....I have at least a hundred stories about Ashly.....He turned out to be the smartest animal I have ever met.....Brad
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I pick up strays all the time and find homes for them at every opportunity.

I rate people who dump dogs along with child molesters. I have a very clear plan-of-action if I ever caught 'em in the act.

This dog, I found on the side of the highway, halfway to DFW on my way to work, being attacked by a large pack of dogs. She was defenseless and trying to save her puppy. Someone had dumped her and her pup in front of a trailer-house with the pack of dogs in the yard. I grabbed up her pup and beat off the pack and helped her into the back of my Jeep. She had a few puncture wounds, and seemed grateful to be in the back of the Jeep with her pup who immediately started to nurse.

When I got to DFW I dropped them off at a local vet with instructions for exams and shots and went to work. That evening picked them up. She (I named her "Jenny") was less than a year old and obviously was being used as a puppy-mill until the low-life's must have gotten what they wanted out of the rest of the litter, and dumped these two. (The pup had white socks so didn't look pure-bred, so I guess they decided they were thru with feeding them and dumped 'em.)

Jenny was adopted by another instructor at work and her husband. They love her, and have been training her in agility trials. She is showing real promise and loves to perform. Sleeps with Kathleen and Dan, of course. Here's a pic of Jenny waiting to perform at the show. She's now almost 3 years old.
GetAttachment.jpg
I found a home for the pup by taking her to Jamies elementary school, where the school sec'y immediately fell in love and adopted the youngster. It now lives on a ranch a few miles away and having a good life.
MVC-048S.JPG
MVC-047S.JPG
MVC-054S.JPG
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Here is Mackinsy enjoying her Christmas present. I'll send more photo's as the rawhide bone gets torn up.....She is after it right now!...Brad
P1140016.JPG
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

And then, of course, there was the dyslexic agnostic who wondered if there really was a DOG!
BL