Light Humor

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

W.J.Langholz

Light Humor

Post by W.J.Langholz »

ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Brad Brady

Re: Light Humor

Post by Brad Brady »

W.J.Langholz wrote:Image
OHHHH! in a sick sort of way... (which I appreciate)...... that's too funny....Still haven't heard anything out of "Sully"....I am more impressed by that man by the day......Brad
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

I can't even imagine the range of different emoitions that he is going though!!!!!!! All to often when and extraodinary pilot does and extraordinary task, the aftermath is so great they never fly again :cry: We are all very thankfull of the outcome but each and every one us, if you haven't yet , take a moment and send a special thought upward, for him, his crew, and all aboard, that they lives return back to as close to normal as possible.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

I guess geese can be a pretty serious problem. If I remember correctly, geese brought down an Air Force Early Warning type Boeing 707 on take off some years ago at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage, AK. I think the whole crew perished.
BL
4-Shipp

Post by 4-Shipp »

We spent 3 years in Winnipeg, Manitoba Ca and it was estimated that over a million canada geese staged in the area, eating and fattening up for the long flight south. During the months of September and October, you could walk outside any time of day and see hundreds of birds in the air from about any vantage point in the city. I worked at the airport and some days there were literally tens of thousands of birds in the air. I was simply amazed that there were so few bird strike instances. My boys and I did try to do our share of "reducing" the threat :D
Bruce Shipp
former owners of N49CP, '53 C170B
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

U.S. Airways Airbus Retrofit :D
airbus.JPG
Walt Weaver
Spencer Airport (NC35)
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

N2255D wrote:U.S. Airways Airbus Retrofit :D
I'll bet if that big ole bird had had floats the landing would have been text-book. The latest video shows a perfect soft field touchdown. Only the engines, hanging under the wings, disrupted the control the cap had. If they had been able to jettison those two dead weights I'll bet he could have slid it right up onto the sandbar ! !

Does the thought "Angel on my Shoulder" come to mind? Image
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
propwash55

Post by propwash55 »

You guys better not put those pics on the Super Cub website. They have a few sensitive types.(Liberals) They get all worked up, over such humor. I know a guy that got burned at the stakes for a spoof he posted of the US Air CVR. Nice pics guys.
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

propwash55 wrote:You guys better not put those pics on the Super Cub website. They have a few sensitive types.(Liberals) They get all worked up, over such humor.
EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK U MEEN THEM DURN "LIBERRAALS" IS MESSIN ROUN FLYIN REGGEDY OLE CUBS ? ? DURN FUSSY LIL BUGGERS - - GUESS ALL USINS IS CORNSURVATES AN DOANT MINE POKIN FUN AT EENYONE - - -Image
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Liberalism is a broad class of political philosophies that considers individual liberty and equality to be the most important political goals.[1]

Liberalism emphasizes individual rights and equality of opportunity. ..

All liberals, as well as some adherents of other political ideologies, support some variant of the form of government known as liberal democracy, with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law.[6

Oxford Manifesto 1997
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
canav8

Post by canav8 »

They have just named a new drink after Captain Sully in the bars. It is called the Sully. It consists of 2 shots of Grey Goose and a Splash of Water! :lol:
Doug
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
N171TD

Post by N171TD »

If you think SC.org has some angry libs check out backcountry pilot site. They almost get into fist fights.
Our 172/170 or a 171 is known as tweener
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

canav8 wrote:They have just named a new drink after Captain Sully in the bars. It is called the Sully. It consists of 2 shots of Grey Goose and a Splash of Water! :lol:
Doug
ImageImage
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

canav8 wrote:They have just named a new drink after Captain Sully in the bars. It is called the Sully. It consists of 2 shots of Grey Goose and a Splash of Water! :lol:
Doug
I'd want two olives and a pickled onion also.....Brad
canav8

Post by canav8 »

Dam I didnt know I need an interpreter. Thanks George for the help...OL DOug
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug