Quoting text and other formating instructions.

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Quoting text and other formating instructions.

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Here is how to quote text or and entire post. Please don't post to this thread should you read it before I post again.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Quoting text and other formating instructions.

N9149A wrote:Here is how to quote text or and entire post. Please don't post to this thread should you read it before I post again.
If you find a post that you would like to quote the enitire thread then while viewing that particular post look up at the top right corner. There with be a button labeled "Quote".

Clicking it will create a reply box with the post quoted. It will look like this:
[ quote="N9149A"]Here is how to quote text or and entire post. Please don't post to this thread should you read it before I post again.[/quote]

When previewed will look like:
N9149A wrote:Here is how to quote text or and entire post. Please don't post to this thread should you read it before I post again.
If you want to edit the quote to just a few words or sentences then in the reply box go into the quoted text and erase what you don't want like this:

[ quote="N9149A"]Here is how to quote text or and entire post. [/quote]
N9149A wrote:Here is how to quote text or and entire post.
Just don't change anything in between the square bracketed tag at the beginning and the end of the quote.

All other style features work the same. There is a tag generated to start the format, then the text and a tag to stop the style. If you know the tag you can type in manually but the easiest way is to click on the various buttons above the message box. Here is how to do bold text. First click the "B" button that generates a [ b]. Then type your text. Look at the "B" Button again. Notice the asterisk?. Clicking the "B" button again wlll now generate [ /b].

Here is what it looks like till you submit the post: [ b]Bold text[ /b]
Then it looks like this:Bold text One problem you might encounter is inserting styled text into a paragraph. Clicking the "B" button sometimes puts the tag at the end of your post. If that is the case just copy and paste it in the correct place.

If you want to bold text after you type it then go back and using the mouse and curser select the text you want to bold and click the "B" button. Doing so places the correct tags into the text in the right spot.

All the style buttons work the same as the Bold "B" Button.

You can apply multiple styles to the same text which would look like this:
[ color=red][ u][ b]multiple styles to the same text[/b][/u][/color]
multiple styles to the same text.

In this case you must highlight the text and any tags generated in between selecting each style.

No matter what style you apply always use the "Preview" Button next to the "Submit" button to view your post and correct anything thats gone wrong. That is what I ALWAYS when using styles. Just don't forget to scroll down to and click the "Submit" Button when all looks good.

Feel free to use this thread to ask any styling (formating) questions and I'll be happy to answer then.

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

N9149A wrote:...Feel free to use this thread to ask any styling (formating) questions and I'll be happy to answer then.
How does one spel chek when one preeviews? :lol:

(Just ribbing, of course....I'm wun of the wurst.) :wink:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
iowa

Post by iowa »

How does one spel chek when one preeviews? :lol:

(Just ribbing, of course....I'm wun of the wurst.) :wink:
just seeing it it works
iowa
1951 170A 1468D SN 20051
1942 L-4B 2764C USAAC 43-572 (9433)
AME #17747
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

iowa wrote:
How does one spell check when one previews? :lol:

(Just ribbing, of course....I'm one of the worst.) :wink:
just seeing how it wurks
iowa
:lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Just to hijack this thread.... I just tried to reply to a Wanted 170B thread in the trademart and got this message:

"Sorry, but only users granted special access can reply to posts in this forum"

What's up with that?
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
Bruce Fenstermacher

Dave the answer is that you must be a member of TIC170A to post in the TradeMart as well as view and post in the members only area From the limited records I have I believe that you are a current member till at least the end of March so that means that at some point your membership number got removed from your profile. Check your if your membership is current and put your membership number back in your profile.

That membership number in the your profile and current records is what the webmaster uses to allow access to members only areas

Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Thanks Bruce. I guess my membership is expired.
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180