Cessna 170 Tail Wheel Checkout

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAD

Cessna 170 Tail Wheel Checkout

Post by GAD »

Do any of you know where I can get some training time on a 170? I have no tail wheel time to date and would need a full checkout.

Thanks, Greg
GAD
pif_sonic

Post by pif_sonic »

Gerg,

I bought my 170 and then got my tail wheel endorsement. My instructor said he would let me on my own after about 4 hours. However my insurance company required 10 hours of dual time with an instructor who had 25 hours in type before they would let me solo the 170, because I had no tail wheel time. I know this does not answer your question but it might help with insurance questions. I did not think it took that long to learn to land the 170, but I sure learn something new every time I fly it. I now have about 130 hours in the 170.

Did you find a 170 yet???

Wayne
God forbid we should ever be twenty years without a rebellion. ***Thomas Jefferson***
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Stopped in to a local airport here in PA and there on the bulletin board was and ad for Northwoods Aviation Inc., Cadillac, MI. 231-775-641

They offer tail wheel transitions in a J-3 as well as a Cessna 170. They also do ski flying and seaplane ratings.

Don't know anymore about them but what I read on the ad.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com