THINK you have nothing to add to the forum, just say hi!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

THINK you have nothing to add to the forum, just say hi!

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Just started this thread to see if we can draw some people who lurk but never post to just say hello.

You don't have to say anything other than:

" Hello Buck Franke checking in"

You might ask a question if you dare like:

"Hey Buck Franke checking in. Anybody know where I can get a set of front ash trays for my otherwise really nice '52. Any condition will do. I'm embarrassed to say I've been flying it without them or I'd have posted earlier.

Of course you would substitute your name for "Buck Franke" in the samples above.:D

Lets see who we can get to respond.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
iowa

Post by iowa »

everybody is probably sick of
hearing from me
and seeing my pics
dave
1951 170A 1468D SN 20051
1942 L-4B 2764C USAAC 43-572 (9433)
AME #17747
Jr.CubBuilder

Post by Jr.CubBuilder »

No I'm not. I would like to see more pics of peoples airplane projects.
doug8082a

Re: THINK you have nothing to add to the forum, just say hi!

Post by doug8082a »

N9149A wrote:Just started this thread to see if we can draw some people who lurk but never post to just say hello.

"Hey Buck Franke checking in. Anybody know where I can get a set of front ash trays for my otherwise really nice '52. Any condition will do. I'm embarrassed to say I've been flying it without them or I'd have posted earlier.

Of course you would substitute your name for "Buck Franke" in the samples above.:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Buck...
Doug
mboone

Post by mboone »

Hi, I'm Bob, and I'm an airplane addict. (hello Bob)

I actually fly a 172c with training gear, but I can learn more about the O300 from you 170 pilots than from the 172 group.
For what it's worth I have 800 hrs tw time in a Stinson, so maybe some day I can fly like a real man again.
Bill Hart

Re: THINK you have nothing to add to the forum, just say hi!

Post by Bill Hart »

doug8082a wrote:
N9149A wrote:Just started this thread to see if we can draw some people who lurk but never post to just say hello.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Buck...

Buck should be hung :lol: :lol: :lol:
tshort

Post by tshort »

OK, here is a pic of my airplane project (not a 170, an RV-8 )
This is a few months old. The tanks are now sealed and tested (as of today!) and permanently mounted on the spars:

Someday I hope to be able to post pics of a restoration project....

T.

p.s. who the heck is Buck Franke? Even google couldn't help me ... :oops:
Thomas Short
1948 C170 N3949V
RV-8 wings in progress
Indianapolis (KUMP)
tailpilot

Post by tailpilot »

Howdy yall :lol:

Sean here from Tennessee.......my plane is still in paint and engine overhaul....should be done in about a week or two......the paint is done and the engine is done. Just needs to be hung......It has been a nightmare so far......My worst case unwritten :oops: quote of 15000 for overhaul came to 19600 plus the cost to remove and replace the motor. As soon as it comes home I have a new Airtex interior ready to go in.......Has anybody installed the headliner on their own, and if so is it difficult?
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Buck,
I have two front ashtrays that are yours for the asking, They are as is (still some ashes in them). 8)
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
tailpilot

Post by tailpilot »

Im going to try and post a picture of 45D.....If it works....this is a picture that the paint shop sent me of my plane in Mena, AR
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

For $19,600 that must be one hell of an overhaul on a 300 inch Continental.
BL
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

tshort wrote: p.s. who the heck is Buck Franke? Even google couldn't help me ... :oops:
Buck could be a fictional character I made up just for my examples above but no, he is just a character.

Buck, who by his own admission spends a lot of time with his first wife Barbara, claims to know how to read and says he reads the forum all the time. I'd question this but I know that occasionally he goes into work and he needs something to do when he's there.

Buck is also a guy who needs front ash trays for his '52 170.

:D
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
aturner

Post by aturner »

Hi, my name is Andy, and I'm also an airplane addict. Been thinking about about buying a 170 for about 20 years, but have my hands full taking care of two much loved airplanes, a C-140 and a C-172. Feel a bit like the elementary school kid hanging around the high school playground here, never mind me, I'll just stay out of the way...

-Andy
-Andy Turner
C-140 2212V
C-172 7332G
N419A

Post by N419A »

Here's my winter project (not a 170 either a PA-12). A 170A might be next??
I also have the above mentioned ash trays, and some origional interior panels.

Paul :wink:
Robert Eilers

Post by Robert Eilers »

Between 1971 and 1973 I flew for what we call today a Regional Airline - We flew the Volpar conversion of the Beech 18 and Dehavilland Doves with the Lycoming conversion - super charged. At the time I smoked, so did the retired Air Force Captain I flew with. We didn't think anything of lighting up after reaching cruising altitude - each pax seat also had an ashtray - how different things are today. Can you imagine the reaction in 1971 if someone stopped you in an airport and told you you would have to submit to a search before getting on the airplane!