Premium Aircraft Parts.......NEVER AGAIN

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

tailpilot

Premium Aircraft Parts.......NEVER AGAIN

Post by tailpilot »

I am having a hell of a time with premium aircraft parts LLC. They were quick to take my 3000.00 but it has been a month and I still dont have a crankshaft :evil: I have left about 10 msgs with every sales person there and they never call back.....every time I call I alway get an answering machine. Not sure if anybody has used them in the past but my days are done with them :evil: :evil:

I need a happy place :D
I WANT TO GET MY PLANE BACK AND FLY :!: The wheather has been GREAT
CraigH

Post by CraigH »

Craig Helm
Graham, TX (KRPH)
2000 RV-4
ex-owner 1956 Cessna 170B N3477D, now CF-DLR
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

tailpilot,

If you paid with a credit card, contact your card company IMMEDIATELY and get credit, then CANCELL the order; especially if you ordered it online, and have no verbal or written order to fall back on. You do NOT want to do business with those folks. I can just about guarantee you that (1) they don't have a crankshaft; and (2) they're not putting a lot of effort into finding one (they've already got your money); and (3) if they find one, it most definitely will be at a higher price than you have already paid.

As you've probably read in the post that Craig provided a link for, they hit me with about a 25% higher price than they advertised for parts, then just charged it to my card without notifying me. I got the extra charge back, and Premium reimbursed the credit card company, but then turned it over to a collection agency here in CA. After many threatening letters and phone calls from the collection agency, I think I was able to convince them that the debt was invalid, and it's been about a month since they've contacted me. NOT something I'd want any one else to go through.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
tailpilot

Post by tailpilot »

Thanks for the reply........Every story I have read seems like the same one......this prem aircraft is a mess......I finally got someone on the phone after leaving about 10 msgs in a row. They claim it will be shipped out to the engine shop on monday.......we'll see??

I am using Mena aircraft engines for eng. overhaul and AOG paint for paint......any scoop on either of these places......of course its too late now.

AOG seems to be very good and the eng. shop is very healpful.
jlwild

Post by jlwild »

Tailpilot,

I used AOG for my 1955 C-170B and am very happy with their work. In fact, it was so good I won the "People's Choice" award at the Kelowna Convention. :D 8)

However, suggest you provide them with lots of go-by picture examples of how you want your paint job. I provided them with a note book of pictures, and written instruction on how and where to put "N" numbers, etc. I even provided them a copy of the article from the forum title "Need recommendations on Paint" (Jan 30, 2004) prepared by Doug in which he detailed questions you need to ask the paint shop. In my case the met every condition. :D :D :D

They really appreciated the work and effort I put into the "go-by" book for them. Tell Dennis and Linda hello for me when you see them.
Jim Wildharber, Kennesaw, GA
Past President TIC170A (2010-12) and Georgia Area Representative
'55 170B, N3415D, SN:26958, O-300D; People's Choice '06 Kelowna, B.C., Best Modified '07 Galveston, TX, Best Modified '08 Branson, MO.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Tailpilot

If you can get your money back ie the credit card route DO IT KNOW.

And make sure your document every contact with Premium. I was lucky and only lost $50 and 2 weeks time and of course I have a few less hairs that I pulled out over the transaction.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Indopilot

Post by Indopilot »

Miles, Just a thought given your hair raising experience so far. You might want to do a credit report check and make sure they didn't stick the knife in your back and twist it :twisted: by filing a deadbeat non payment on your credit report. Brian
52 170B s/n 20446
56 172 s/n 28162
Echo Weed eater, Jezebeel
tailpilot

Post by tailpilot »

Well.....I got a credit back on my card for the crank. I ordered a new one and it was at the engine shop three days later :lol:
Aog finished up the paint and sent me a picture....it looks GREAT. I am very excited to pick it up....The engine should be done by the end of Oct. then I can go get it.......I have a complete airtex interior sitting at home ready to go in. That should be everything....new paint, eng and interior..... Looking forward to showing it off at the next petit jean

Sean
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Someone mention Petit Jean? Guess I've been skipping this subject. Wish I'd read about it, I know people in Low Places. I am the Arkansas 170 rep, you know! :D AOG (Mena) is quickly becoming my recommended paint shop, for customer satisfaction, cost, and quality. (As well as the Longview, Tx Shop). Sean I'll be looking to see if you are as happy with AOG as Jim is.

I've just emailed my connections about this Ft Smith parts supplier.