Spit N Whittle Bench

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Someone informed my boy that there are waterparks with rides that are taller than ours! Wish folks would mind their on business! So George, have they finished that Schlitzerbaun thing next to where you say your going to throw a fly-in next summer?
Last edited by AR Dave on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Yep. Schlitterbahn is open for business! Very popular place.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
bradbrady

Post by bradbrady »

Dave,
Nice photo of your A/C I just have never seen the sun shining up! was that photo thaken in the southern hemisphere? :lol:
brad
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Oh, yeah... couldn't resist this: :lol:
http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/tips.pl
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

AR Dave, as I recall - I took that picture from the top of the mountain by Petit Jean's grave - and I don't recall standing on my head when taking it!

Gosh, sure would be nice to have something with a bucket. Our WC Allis, G Allis, B JD, VAC case, etc. could only wish to have hydro like you've got!
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Brad, someone must've tampered with that photo, I never saw those shadows before you mentioned it.
George, I love bringing pictures to work for our Saftey Man and Environmental Engineer. We also walk across a tree bridge, 20 ft long and 8 ft above creek (without a safety harness) and take care of our own trash. Kyle you should bring that camera back down and take a picture of the 8 point that feeds (for some reason) right where those turkeys do every morning :lol:
Last edited by AR Dave on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Ha!
Yep, I have turkeys and deer who get corn handouts at my backyard. It's a nice way to have coffee in the morning. Nice pics, Dave!
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Trying to bait Kyle :wink:
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Bait me! Heck - looks like you been baitin somethin else!

And you mean to tell me that I ran all over WI, IA, MN, and last week into MT to chase critters and all I needed to do was sit by your pool with a cool drink in my hand and pick out a deer or turkey? :wink:

No way - that's cheatin' You know me - I'd rather do it the hard way (and the right way). But you do have me thinking about some tender backstraps on the grill!

Looks like we'll have elk ramaki again for Petit Jean. Six of us joined a good friend in MT and shot 5 nice bulls with our bows over the past several weeks. We had a wonderful trip. Will need to show you and Randall some pictures.
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
170C

Elk Ramaki

Post by 170C »

I'm not real sure what is in ramaki, but it sure is good. One could make a meal out of it really easy. Kyle, you and Becky be sure to guard that elk so you can bring some of that delicious delicacy next year. I'm smacking my lips already :wink:
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

That ramaki is a real high light!
This is interesting - pictures of someones adventure to Oshkosh http://silvairehair2.home.comcast.net/072806/
Last edited by AR Dave on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

I get to thinking about all the friends I’ve lost to the Wilderness. My boss and the drilling foreman crashed their 180 into Lake Clark Pass, on the way to meeting their waiting wives in Illiamna. My best friend and his twin brother were buried, under ice, while sheep hunting in St Elias. The brother who was my best friend at that time, never dug out. Our field supervisor’s son fell off a cliff while sheep hunting. A co-worker drowned near Homer. Our orthadontist crashed his 180 on floats into trees near Wasilla. My dentist crashed his Super Cub. A dear close friend came up from Colorado, worked as a mechanic in Kenai for 3 yrs. He was preparing to be a missionary pilot in a 3rd world country and just before he was to leave he and another pilot crashed into the mountain while landing at Sparrevohn. Lost a friend to a glacier crevasse while snow machining. A dad and son, from church, had a motor quit out from Seward. Weather turned bad, boat cracked up on rocks, they drowned. That’s off the top of my head, I’ll have to think about whom I’ve forgotten.
Here is a story, from todays newspaper, of another friends accident last month. It involves sheep hunting and a helicopter / C130 rescue. It is a rather long article, but worth reading. Especially since it's not from the Obituaries.
http://fp1.centurytel.net/170/father_let_go.htm
Last edited by AR Dave on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Ralph Editor/Owner of Fly-Low Publications http://www.fly-low.com wrote me a note today.
I would like to run a story about the 170s or 170 club... is there anyone who can produce 1000 words that would be of interest..

Maybe something along the idea of what events per year... and someone who has been to them... I'm open.. and would like to use some of the photos on your site..

Ralph
So any ideals? Gahorn produces 1000 words per post, but it said of interest :lol: This flying paper is all over N America now and we can get some great publicity here.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

If for a tranquil mind you seek,
These things observe with care:
Of whom you speak, to whom you speak,
And how, and when and where.
:wink:
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Hey Kyle - Traci took this picture 20 mins ago!