45D to paint and engine

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

tailpilot

45D to paint and engine

Post by tailpilot »

What an adventure so far 8O .....

I took my plane from Tennessee to Mena Ar. for paint....about 10 min. out I blew a ring and it chewed up two cyl. now I am in for paint and an engine overhaul.....then I find out that my crank is pitted too bad and I need a new exhaust......Oh well.....its only money right :roll:
She will be nice when the pain is all over.......eng overhaul, new paint and a new airtex interior......I guess a money tree is in order........any one have one to rent :wink:
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Just tell your significant other that it'll only take between 25 and 30 AMU's (Aviation Money Units) to get going again. :wink:

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
tailpilot

Post by tailpilot »

the good thing is she is also a pilot and the paint and interior was her idea.........
I just had a big smile when they said "you need a new engine" :lol:
"oh darn honey, we have to have an engine overhaul" :wink: I prob. could have just gotten 2 new cyl. and been done...... :wink:
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

I just harvested my money tree...nothing left but bear branches.
Curtis
1950 A model 1256D
flat country pilot

Post by flat country pilot »

AMU's (Aviation Money Units)
Good one, I like that. 8)
Flat Country Pilot
Farm Field PVT
54 C170B
Dward

Post by Dward »

I just finished the installation of a Gold Seal O300D from Western Skyways. I'd like to help you but I dug mine out by the roots and sifted the dirt. :D
Dave W

88 cyclo polisher
Robert Eilers

Post by Robert Eilers »

I have been planting ones in the back yard. I figure there is as good a chance a money tree will grow as there is I will when the lottery. I even tried planting some Canadian - you never know, eh! If I get a sprout I'll let you know. In fact, if anyone is interested in investing in the future crop I'd consider selling futures.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I've got a couple of holes around the place I've been putting money into as well....
Haven't seen anything growing yet except the bills, tho'. :?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)