170B on the History Channel

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Joe Moilanen

170B on the History Channel

Post by Joe Moilanen »

I spent the weekend doing aerial video and infrared imaging for a program that will air next year on the History channel. It will be a 3 year series called "Science Meets Legend" and there will be 13 episodes a year. My 170 and I will probably be on one of the first episodes. We were looking for "Bigfoot" at night with thermal imaging cameras. Should be quite a bit of 170 stuff. I'll keep you all informed.

Joe
4518C
1SeventyZ

Post by 1SeventyZ »

Nice! Finally some tv coverage of the 170 other than a Sky King episode.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

The heck with the C-170 stuff. I can see them any time. What I want to know is did you find Bigfoot?
BL
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Joe,

I look forward to the shows. Keep us posted.

Slightly related: For those going to Kelowna, legend has it Lake Okanagan has it's version of the Loch Ness Monster, known locally as Okopogo.

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Joe Moilanen

Post by Joe Moilanen »

No, never did find Bigfoot. I'm going to Moose Creek, ID this weekend through the 4th if anyone happens to be in the area.

Joe
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

cessna170bdriver wrote:Joe,

I look forward to the shows. Keep us posted.

Slightly related: For those going to Kelowna, legend has it Lake Okanagan has it's version of the Loch Ness Monster, known locally as Okopogo.

Miles
Hmmmn... I wonder if it's too late to get my dinner-cruise money refunded? What does Okopgo eat? :lol:

I saw on History Ch. recently that last century (20th century) a lake in So. Am. had a "Loch Ness" type creature and that British and American universities wanted to send biology/geology experts to study/look for it... but some private individual wanted to make money on the matter himself so went out into the lake and started depth-charging/dynamiting the depths.... Of course, IF anything was down there, ... he killed it... it's never been seen again. :cry:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Dward

Post by Dward »

On the subject of publicity, has anyone seen the latest 170 news cover in AOPA PILOT? I haven't read the article yet but it looks pretty cool.
Dave W

88 cyclo polisher
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

gahorn wrote:Hmmmn... I wonder if it's too late to get my dinner-cruise money refunded? What does Okopgo eat? :lol:
I've heard his diet is exclsuively curmudgeonly old forum moderators. No wonder he hardly surfaces; that cast iron stomach must keep him on the bottom... :lol:

Is that his tongue, or the remains of a certain red airplane....
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

cessna170bdriver wrote:
gahorn wrote:Hmmmn... I wonder if it's too late to get my dinner-cruise money refunded? What does Okopgo eat? :lol:
I've heard his diet is exclsuively curmudgeonly old forum moderators. No wonder he hardly surfaces; that cast iron stomach must keep him on the bottom... :lol:

Is that his tongue, or the remains of a certain red airplane....
OOOHhhhh..... THOSE kind of forum moderators.... Whew! For a moment there I was getting worried.... :P
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)