N1208D

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Metal Master

N1208D

Post by Metal Master »

I am beginning to see the light.

We actually pulled the airplane out of the hanger to take some progress pictures this week. Rev's and my 170A might just fly in the next couple of weeks. The wings are installed all flight controls rigged and all engine controls rigged. I dropped the prop off to be overhauled, mostly to have the track and pitch checked to be sure they are what is stated on the hub for starting point information for performance. It is the standard 7653. I ordered strobe lights, new tail wheel springs, and the BAS shoulder harness inertial reels sets showed up yesterday. I dropped the headliner off at the upholstery shop to have new risers installed as the rusty rods in the overhead caused them to rot out. The risers are the loops of fabric that the steel rods pass through. I am going to replace the rods with stainless to keep them from rusting. I am hoping to flush the fuel lines today and get the engine ready for first runs.

The pictures I took turned out so dark I did not post them but will try to get some better ones to post. Suffice it say that the airplane looks better than I expected all polished up. I will probably get the stripes painted later this fall. I called to get a quote on flight insurance. If the creek don't rise and pandemonium does not reign. :) :) :)
A&P, IA, New owner C170A N1208D, Have rebuilt some 50 aircraft. So many airplanes, So little time!