Bird-Proof 170

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

cessna170bdriver

Bird-Proof 170

Post by cessna170bdriver »

For more of Warbird Bob (the cat's name 8O ), go to http://www.warbirdbob.com/cessna_170_page_1.htm

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Haydon

Post by Haydon »

Howdy Miles,

I sure hope you have been "hosing" that critter down with Lemon Pledge :lol: What an idea that you have........ An automatic plane cleaner and a "mouser" to boot... (Don't kick the cat)
Richard Haydon
'49 170A
Ducote Airpark TS65
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Those pics are of the American Aero hangar. It was a pleasant surprise to see it again (and enjoy the pics of Bob-cat. I found my Baron in the grass outside that hangar, and hired one of their restoration-mechanics to help me with the pre-buy/annual inspection. I've always been told, but frequently/accidentally forget, that aviation is a small circle. While working at the present job, I was talking about the Baron one day, and also about the Fleetwing Seabird it's previous owner had when,...one my fellow I.P.'s turned around and mentioned the previous owner ...by name! He knew them personally! 8O
Now comes, Bob. Thanks for the pics, Miles. How did you come across them?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

gahorn wrote: Now comes, Bob. Thanks for the pics, Miles. How did you come across them?
Every once in a while I do an internet search on "Cessna 170" to look for any possible new stuff, and Warbird Bob is what popped up yesterday. Being a cat parent as well as a 170 owner, it kinda struck a chord with me. Glad you enjoyed it.

There's some great videos from Amreican Aero in there too. Lots of big radials coming to life. 8) Also one air to air video of a couple of P-51 Mustangs low over the beach, the prop on one is almost in sync with the camera and appears to be barely blading through. http://www.americanaeroservices.com/ima ... %20033.mpg Way 8)

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne