Trip to Daytona Beach - this Friday

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Kyle

Trip to Daytona Beach - this Friday

Post by Kyle »

Hi Gang,

Looks like I'm enroute to Daytona Beach tomorrow with a buddy who is going to visit his daughter in college there. Should be arriving sometime Thursday Afternoon - staying until Saturday or Sunday then returning.

Only thing is that I was unable to convince him to make the trip in my 170 ....... SOOOOO we are traveling via a modern, trycycle gear 172 (shame).

Anyway, any 170 folks in the area interested in a cup of coffee (ops ... I mean ice tea - keep forgetting it going to be warm vs. our cold down their), as I may have a day to kill when he's off visiting.

Last question ..... anyone in the area know of any shops doing warbird resteration work down there. I always like to stop in and see what's around if possible.

I'm leaving at about 0630 tomorrow so if you can PM me tonite with a contact # that might work.

Regards,

Kyle

52B model - (the one staying home this time - Darn :cry: )
Kyle Takakjian
Truro, MA
52 C-170B, N8087A
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

New Smyrna Beach has an excellent warbird restoration/museum at the NW corner. http://www.americanaeroservices.com/aux_n.a.s.htm
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)