Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...

Post by GAHorn »

Rudy sent these. They may become favorites. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Famous (or nearly so) Quotes:

Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly? Just
how in the world do you think it got to be this old?

When asked why he was referred to as 'Ace': "Because during World War Two, I was responsible for the destruction of six aircraft, fortunately
three were enemy." - Captain Ray Lancaster, USAAF.

And for Bruce!:
If helicopters are so safe, how come there are no vintage/classic helicopter fly-ins ? - Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Well George there are no vintage/classic helicopter fly-ins because those helios the might qualify are all still working for a living and not thought to be vintage or classic.:D
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Ha! Yeah, I recall the last time I was at Kansas City Downtown airport, there was a Sikorsky S-55/56 working along the river just south of the airport. He was working with a slung load, concrete-bucket maybe. It was impressive to see/hear that old piston-powered thing work. It was also fun!
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
N170CT

Post by N170CT »

Harry Reasoner once offered the following commentary:

"The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by its nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly.

A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces and controls working in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying immediately and disastrously. There is no such thing as a gliding helicopter.

This is why being a helicopter pilot is so different from being an airplane pilot, and why, in generality, airplane pilots are open, clear-eyed, buoyant extroverts and helicopter pilots are brooders, introspective anticipators of trouble. They know if something bad has not happened, it is about to."

And don't forget...Hovering is for pilots who ain't got no place to go. :lol:
flyguy

HELLOCHOPPERS

Post by flyguy »

US OLDER :roll: AEROPLANE MECHANICHS CALL HELLO-CHOPPTERS - ONE MILLION SPARE PARTS FLYIN IN CLOSE FOREMATION! :lol:
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!