Frappr Group for 170s

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

jrenwick

Frappr Group for 170s

Post by jrenwick »

Hi All,

I've started a Frappr group for Cessna 170s. This is a site with a map that you can upload a photo to. When you do, it will put a "pin" in the map for you, and people who click on the pin can see your name and photo. The URL for this is http://www.frappr.com/cessna170s .

The Swift Association has done this, and theirs is at http://www.frappr.com/swifts .

It would be fun to see where we're all located in the world!

It's easy to do -- just click on the "Add Yourself" link on the right. If you don't have a photo, you can still add yourself without one.

Best Regards,

John
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Neat site John, I hope alot of us put pins in the map! :D
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

That is neat John.

I would hope people would put mug shots of themselves rather than their airplane. We know what your plane looks like. It sure would be nice to put a face to a name. If you need to your plane can be in the background. :roll:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Pretty neat. I posted both my locations and then a picture. I only made one mistake and that is I posted a photo of the plane in flight over the San Juan Islands but under my AZ address so I'm sure it will give people the wrong impression of AZ :lol: Tried to fix but couldn't figure out how to remove it and fix it.
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
CraigH

Post by CraigH »

N9149A wrote:I would hope people would put mug shots of themselves rather than their airplane. We know what your plane looks like. It sure would be nice to put a face to a name. If you need to your plane can be in the background. :roll:
Bruce: Trust me, you'd rather look at my airplane than me. :lol:
Craig Helm
Graham, TX (KRPH)
2000 RV-4
ex-owner 1956 Cessna 170B N3477D, now CF-DLR
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Dave, that reminds me of a line from a George Strait song, something about "oceanfront property in Arizona".
You mean to tell me, with all that sand you got down there, there's no beaches?

Eric
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Actually there are a surprising number of very nice lakes. Then there is "Rocky Point" Sonora Mexico a very short drive. It's referred to as Arizona's oceanfront. But all my water things are up North.
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Good addition, John! This would make a good article/addition to the newsletter. Might get a few more people using the website.
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

Thanks, Kyle. It's just a little novelty, but it helps to build the community. Maybe we could get the webmaster to put a link to it on the home page....

John
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Pretty cool. Since Bruce keeps harping on the face thing, I've updated my avatar. Bruce, this mug's for you :D
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

doug8082a wrote:Pretty cool. Since Bruce keeps harping on the face thing, I've updated my avatar. Bruce, this mug's for you :D
Thanks Doug. Ok now get back in PhotoShop and blow up that mug so we can tell it's you. You need a calendar in your background as well. it can be a real challenge to make a good avator like this. :D

Last edited by Bruce Fenstermacher on Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

Dave Clark wrote:Pretty neat. I posted both my locations and then a picture. I only made one mistake and that is I posted a photo of the plane in flight over the San Juan Islands but under my AZ address so I'm sure it will give people the wrong impression of AZ :lol: Tried to fix but couldn't figure out how to remove it and fix it.
Dave,

I haven't figured out how to edit my own entry either. But as admin for this group I can remove you, and let you do it over again. Let me know if you want me to do that.

John
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

jrenwick wrote:
Dave Clark wrote:Pretty neat. I posted both my locations and then a picture. I only made one mistake and that is I posted a photo of the plane in flight over the San Juan Islands but under my AZ address so I'm sure it will give people the wrong impression of AZ :lol: Tried to fix but couldn't figure out how to remove it and fix it.
Dave,

I haven't figured out how to edit my own entry either. But as admin for this group I can remove you, and let you do it over again. Let me know if you want me to do that.

John
Log on to your Frappr account, click on "Edit my basic profile", then click on "Update photo".
Doug
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

N9149A wrote:
doug8082a wrote:Pretty cool. Since Bruce keeps harping on the face thing, I've updated my avatar. Bruce, this mug's for you :D
Thanks Doug. Ok now get back in PhotoShop and blow up that mug so we can tell it's you. You need a calendar in your background as well. it can be a real challenge to make a good avator like this. :D

You have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much time on your hands..... :D
Doug
Watkinsnv

Post by Watkinsnv »

Hey this FRAPPR site needs to be put into our Links area before it gets lost in the shuffle. Lance