C-170 Fuel Stick

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Robert Eilers

C-170 Fuel Stick

Post by Robert Eilers »

I need to develop a fuel tank stick for my C-170B. I have the 42 gallon tanks, with 37 useable. My partner in the aircraft is a big man requiring fuel management and ballast. Has anyone already developed a stick I can use the demintions off of? I am having trouble getting around to draining the tanks.

Thanks
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Robert,

Click on "Search" on top of this page, then type "tank and stick" in the upper query box. You'll come up with a list of discussions on the topic, the most recent of which was last month.

Hope this helps, Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Using the "Search" routine in the forums can be frustrating...until one realizes that two choices are presented just below the search-word(s) you enter. The second choice: "search for all terms",.... is usually the better choice to make. Otherwise, a search for "fuel dipstick" would result in a hundred topics/disussions about every time "fuel" or "dispstick" (including such diverse topics as octane, water in fuel, alcohol in fuel, oil dipsticks, paint dipsticks, Ol' Gar being skinny as a dipstick,.....you get the pickture. :lol:
However, clicking on "search for all terms" will only result in about 5 message threads discussing this special topic of dipsticks to check for fuel.
Here's one of those threads, which should answer most of your questions on the topic (but check out the search routine anyway.) :wink:

http://www.cessna170.org/phpBB2/viewtop ... l+dipstick
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)