New Owner of a 170B

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Falcon

Re: New C-170 Owner

Post by Falcon »

CraigH wrote:
Falcon wrote:I work at Addison and base my plane there.
Falcon,
We'll have to hook up somewhere between DFW and Graham sometime. Maybe Kezer in Springtown or down at the Hard 8 BBQ in Stephenville. I just purchased a 170B myself one week ago.
That would work for me! I can't turn down BBQ!! Hard 8 soundsgood. A weekend in October?? Lets get together on that.

**Off topic** Who do I talk to about getting the ability to PM??
170C wrote:Falcon, contgraulations on your recent purchase. Please join our association. You will find you membership fee coming back manyfold in C-170 information and the people that you will meet and with whom you will form friendships.

In addition to the folks mentioned, Kirby Boyd has his C-170 hangared at Spinks (FWS) and a quick check of the association directory show approximately 37 or more members in the Metroplex. There are a lot of C-170's up here. The association has its next flyin this coming Saturday, Sept 17th @ Hooks (DWH) airport @ 11:30. We would be happy to have you join us for lunch, tire kicking, etc.
I did join just about a week after getting on the forum. I agree that between the publications and the people there is a vast amount of 170 knowledge right here.

I was planning on making the Fly in at Hooks, but my Mother is having surgery Friday so I'll be going up to Oklahoma on Saterday to see how she is feeling.
CraigH

Re: New C-170 Owner

Post by CraigH »

That would work for me! I can't turn down BBQ!! Hard 8 soundsgood. A weekend in October?? Lets get together on that.
October sounds good. Any of the weekends before Reklaw would probably work. My plane will be down for a couple of weeks. I'm having an intercom installed and having some of the insturments overhauled.

Can't wait for it to cool down a bit.
Craig Helm
Graham, TX (KRPH)
2000 RV-4
ex-owner 1956 Cessna 170B N3477D, now CF-DLR
170C

Flyin

Post by 170C »

George, this next flyin is unusual. Normally its a fly to the event, then back the same day. You are welcome to fly along anytime. Just let me know when you need a ride.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
C170BDan

Local DFW events

Post by C170BDan »

Oct. 15 we have our Texas Antique meeting. Going to be North of Sanger, TX. It will be at an awesome grass strip.

I'll post info on the FLYIN EVENTS section as it gets closer!

Would be a great place for the local 170 gang to go for lunch!
Dan
1956 170B N3467D
CraigH

Post by CraigH »

Dan,

Unfortunately, I have to work that weekend in order to have the Reklaw weekend off. I'm going to try and make the Pecan Plantation fly-in on the 8th. Any chance you'll be there?
Craig Helm
Graham, TX (KRPH)
2000 RV-4
ex-owner 1956 Cessna 170B N3477D, now CF-DLR
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Unless something comes up I will be able to make the fly-in at Sanger
C170BDan

Flyins

Post by C170BDan »

Well... I'll be out of town on the 8th... Pecan is usually a great event!

Falcon... I dont have the info up yet but check back at...

http://www.geocities.com/texasaaa

... for the details.
Dan
1956 170B N3467D
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

You Texans sure are a nice sociable bunch of guys- here in south Florida the few 170 pilots keep a low profile- no fly in's that I'm aware of, very little social aviation ativity. I hope you appreciate how lucky y'all are.
Rudy
C-170B N4490B
Plantation Florida
(Based at North Perry Airport,
KHWO, Miramar FL)