Progressive Inspections

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Tim Harter

Progressive Inspections

Post by Tim Harter »

Does anyone had their 170 on an approved progressive inspection program? My brother and I share our 170 so it spends six months in FL with him and six months in IL with me. I am an IA and he is an A&P. I have been tossing around the idea of him doing two phases and me doing two. If anyone has and info i would appreciate it. Thanks.
GAHorn

Re: Progressive Inspections

Post by GAHorn »

I once rec’d a copy of a Member’s “progressive inspection” program... but I hope you’re not going to ask me to find it in a hurry.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
ghostflyer

Re: Progressive Inspections

Post by ghostflyer »

Cessna has a program called SIDS . It a very good system as all Cessna,s and in most parts of the world use this system . I have been using this system for the last 3 or 4 years now and it makes maintenance very easy. You can down load the system from Cessna directly after making an account. When I down loaded the system it was free from Cessna but Heard they could charge for it these days
SIDS means Supplemental Inspection Document . There is a system of inspections of about 24 different inspections carried out initially and then each year there after much smaller inspections . These inspections do incorporate the 100hrly for the airframe but the engine requires it’s own detailed inspection. I have found many more issues / problems with Cessna ,s using this system than the old 100hrly check system.