Paint designs

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

jlwild

Re: Paint designs

Post by jlwild »

To Redneck,

The Cessna 170 Historian, Steve Grimley, should have photos of paint scheme for a 52'B model he can email you. :D In the past he has provided photos for the various models that have used for judging at conventions 8O . You will need to email. You can find his email address in the "Members Only" section of the Forum under membership directory.
Jim Wildharber, Kennesaw, GA
Past President TIC170A (2010-12) and Georgia Area Representative
'55 170B, N3415D, SN:26958, O-300D; People's Choice '06 Kelowna, B.C., Best Modified '07 Galveston, TX, Best Modified '08 Branson, MO.
GAHorn

Re:

Post by GAHorn »

Indopilot wrote:I just painted a 54. The owner purchased from cessna the paint scheme blueprint. If you would like I can check with him and see if he would mind taking a photo copy of that blue print and sending it on to you. Brian
P.S he wanted Materhorn white and Takeoff Red in Jet Glow
It'd be nice if he'd copy it onto a PDF file (Kinko's can do large-scale pdf scans) and send it to me. I'll be certain Historian Steve gets a copy and that way it'll be archived in both libraries, as well as here in the forums.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
n2582d

Post by n2582d »

I obtained a copy of the '52 paint scheme drawings from Tom Hall years ago. If you can't get a copy from headquarters, let me know, I'd be glad to send you a copy of mine.
Gary
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Gary I'd love to have a copy of the '52 paint scheme for the association library I'm keeping at the time as the association doesn't have it in that collection. Send one to George as well as he has a copy of the library I have and that way they should remain the same.

Thanks
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com