tail wheel

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ragsrettzo

tail wheel

Post by ragsrettzo »

doing the annual on the 170a and need a new tail wheel can someone tell me who has the best prices on tailwheels
blueldr

Re: tail wheel

Post by blueldr »

Now you're talking right up my alley! Best prices for tail wheels? How about Harbor Freight Tools? You wont even need a part number.

P.S. They have RED tires too.
BL
ragsrettzo

Post by ragsrettzo »

well that is a good idea and the price is probibly the best in the world but the quality is not the best and the faa might just not like me using parts made in china that dont go on a skycatcher
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

Spruce has them from $50.00 to $9.00 each and Harbor Freight has them for $4.00 each.
My bet is they all come from the same factory in China, just like our main gear tires.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Oh, I don't know. You don't often hear of the chinese having a lot of tail wheel tire trouble.
BL
daedaluscan

Post by daedaluscan »

These guys

http://www.akbushwheel.com/

were very good to me
Charlie

1956 170B C-GDRG #27019
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

ragsrettzo wrote:well that is a good idea and the price is probibly the best in the world but the quality is not the best and the faa might just not like me using parts made in china that dont go on a skycatcher
Isn't the entire skycatcher made in china? :lol:

You didn't make the clear distinction...do you need a tail WHEEL assy? ...or just the tire?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
ragsrettzo

Post by ragsrettzo »

i only need the wheel the wheel has a crack in the half. i have the tire and the rest of the assembly is good, i had a reply but need to know if that price was for a complete assembly of just the wheel and tire could the person confirm what i would get please he can call me at 6026974125
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Call around to the junkies and see if you can't find a wheel half that is serviceable. You might find a junkie with the half you need. I did.
BL