Pre Buy South Connecticut

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

chris mullins

Pre Buy South Connecticut

Post by chris mullins »

I'm setting up a PreBuy Inspection for an aircraft located in Connecticut at Chester Airport.
Could someone offer a suggestion for a capable shop for this work in the area?
Thanks very much!
Chris Mullins
mullincl at gmail.com
209 536 0414
Kyle

Re: Pre Buy South Connecticut

Post by Kyle »

Chris,

2 places come to mind.

1) Stick-N-Rudder Aero Maintenance, 240 George Ryder Road, Chatham, MA. 02633 "CQX" 508-945-5747 Tim Howard
Tim has been my A/P - I/A for a number of years - 3 airplanes and for the last 5, for my 170B. We have gone into
every nook and cranny of this airplane, doing lots of stuff over the last 5 years and Tim knows them well

2) Up at Hampton NH, Sandhill Aviation, "7B3" Eric Obssuth, 603-479-5832 - Also a super guy and VERY knowledgeable on the 170. Plus it's a great grass strip :)

A little bit of a ride but well worth your time. Also if it helps, I would offer a look for you... I can write up an amazzingly detailed squawk list.
Lastly, spend the extra time and money for a complete annual inspection, a little more now will save you ALLOT later - trust me, after 3 planes - one of which was a twin, I can attest to the statement :)

Send a reply if I can help,

Kyle Takakjian
Kyle Takakjian
Truro, MA
52 C-170B, N8087A
mrpibb

Post by mrpibb »

Eric is now at KDAW rochester nh. he moved to a bigger shop, so he can fit more 170's in :) . Eric knows a lot of the problem spots to look at, he had mine completley apart for the strip and paint of 09V. He calls himself aeroworks llc, and best thing is hes open on weekends, same number though.
Vic
N2609V
48 Ragwing
A Lanber 2097 12 gauge O/U Sporting
A happy go lucky Ruger Red label 20 ga
12N Aeroflex
Andover NJ
http://www.sandhillaviation.com

" Air is free untill you have to move it" BB.
Iceman07

Post by Iceman07 »

I'm based at KHFD (Brainard, Hartford, CT). I use VIP Aero at HFD ( http://www.vipavionics.com/ ) Chris does all of my work. Definitly not the cheapest place, but I do trust them. Otherwise, as Kyle said, Sandhill at Hampton is really good, and a great grass strip to boot.

Let me know if I can help in any way (Pick you up at BDL, fly you down to Chester, etc.) Don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I'd be more than happy to help out.
N5740C 1950 'A' Model