Cessna 170 software for flight simulator

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

LouLaSalle

Cessna 170 software for flight simulator

Post by LouLaSalle »

Does anyone know how I can get hold of a copy of the software of a Cessna 170, once sold by Alpha Sim?

I am recuperating from hand surgery, and I am flying my PC rather than our 170 B, at least until my hands are pronounced fit by my Doctor, and the snow receeds from in front of our hangar door.

I am ready to beg, borrow, or steal this software........

Best regards,

Lou La Salle #5844

N 2485D Perkasie, PA
Lou La Salle
N2485D
Elephant Path, Pa. (PS03)
GAHorn

Re: Cessna 170 software for flight simulator

Post by GAHorn »

LouLaSalle wrote:...
I am ready to beg, borrow, or steal this software........
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
1SeventyZ

Post by 1SeventyZ »

I have a good X-Plane 170B that I believe was modeled after a member's plane. It is not compatible with MS Flight Simulator though, you must have X-Plane.
rsharp

Post by rsharp »

Could you post the X-Plane model?
--
Rick
PaddyM

Post by PaddyM »

This is an old post, but I can't find a follow up.
Is there such a sim out there--I have sent an e mail to X-Plane and they replied they have a 172 sim.
No thanks.
Thanks,
Pat
SophisticatedMoron

Post by SophisticatedMoron »

Hi,

I wish I could fly a real plane, but I cannot afford it... :cry: So I fly a bedroom desktop. I use FlightGear (http://www.flightgear.org/), on a decent PC and a "control kit" including a yoke, rudder pedals and trottle/mixture levers (from Saitek). Flightgear is an open source flight simulator project. The simulator runs on Windows, Linux and Mac. It's depicted more like a flight simulator than a game. While some flight simulators are near a "game" with all kind of real effects disabled by default, FlightGear by default simulates as accurately as possible the real forces/actions/reactions occurring in a real plane. I personally ended up in the wood on the left side of the runway on my first attempt do takeoff. :D (But now, I know why).

If you download and install the software, the default setup is a small airport on the US west coast, with a cessna 172 on a clear day. But you can set nasty weather, download many other aircraft types, flying scenery and airports from all around the world.

I suggest that you give it a try, it's public license so it's free.
jjacbastien

Post by jjacbastien »

Hi there,

You can get the FS2004 ALPHA C170B (A 1952) either at avsim.com or flightsim.com the two best free sites
There is also a C170a for fs2002 on same sites.

JJ