Fastest 170 in the fleet!

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

blueldr

Re: Fastest 170 in the fleet!

Post by blueldr »

Azpilot,
How do you intend to utilize this C-170 that has an experimetal registration? I'd be interested in what you intend doing with it. Do you intend to continue development and apply for an STC for the power plant change? It seems to me that the normal operating restrictions applicable to a cetified aircraft that has been changed to an experimental registration would severely limit its use for the normal type of C-170 pleasure flying.
BL
Azpilot

Re: Fastest 170 in the fleet!

Post by Azpilot »

blueldr wrote:Azpilot,
How do you intend to utilize this C-170 that has an experimetal registration? I'd be interested in what you intend doing with it. Do you intend to continue development and apply for an STC for the power plant change? It seems to me that the normal operating restrictions applicable to a cetified aircraft that has been changed to an experimental registration would severely limit its use for the normal type of C-170 pleasure flying.

I intend to apply for an STC for this aircraft. But this is only after I get the condition inspection completed.

Being experimental does limit what I can do, but I can do some pleasure flying as long as I note it in a log book or fax the FAA my intentions a day before I leave (like for fly-ins).
1952/1996 C170B Turbo. Why? Because, thats why.
CFI/CFII at KDYL