control wheels

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

The binding posts being discussed are available at office supply stores. They are most definitely NOT appropriate for the purpose discussed. It would be far better to use MS screws, AN bolts, or even tapered pins, all available at Aircraft Spruce, of course.
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

I lied in my big essay earlier about my PTT switch. It's actually mounted on the back (forward or panel) side of the yoke where I can mash it with my trigger finger. I mounted it there so the yoke itself would hide the big ugly switch as much as possible. Works good there,and doesn't offend my sensitive eye. That PTT switch is about as big & ugly as the wart on a witch's .......nose.

Eric
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Oh,yeah,I hafta agree with George on the binding posts,they would NOT be my choice for attaching the yoke.'d go with rivets if at all possible.

Eric
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Have not seen binding posts, so can't comment on that. What I removed from the yokes/shafts that I traded for was much beefier and stronger than anything that would be used in a binder or school book. With the two parts assembled, not much different than a bolt and nut in strength, just a whole lot more pleasing to look at. They might be homemade, have never seen them before. Assembled on the yoke they looked like rivits.

My push to talk is mounted inside the yoke, with the push part protruding up thru the top at the left position. All wires routed inside.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX