New Forum

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N4465B

New Forum

Post by N4465B »

:D Great new forum...can't wait to figure out all the doodads....Thanks George
Guy Gale
1955 170B
C170Driver

Post by C170Driver »

to use an exclamation : Yahoo! that we are no longer on it....

Thanks for all the work, George!
Pat Shier
"We were ignorant, and we were ignorant of the fact we were ignorant. That is ignorance squared, and it can lead to disaster." Igor Sikorsky
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

My sentiments exactly - - - - -YAHOOOOOOgone.
Thanks George (and whomever helped you) for taking the time to do this. It is already lots more fun!!!!! OLE GAR. :P
iowa

Post by iowa »

this is a very nice site!
could you give us an
idea of what it takes
to maintain it.
does part of our
170 dues go for it?
thanks
dave
1951 170A 1468D SN 20051
1942 L-4B 2764C USAAC 43-572 (9433)
AME #17747
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Dave

I can't speak for Dale Medendorp our treasurer and web master who maintains the site as well as the associations other web pages. And i certainly would not want to speak for George our moderator and the guy who started it all on Yahoo.

But I can say I spend a LOT of time here reading every post and adding where I can. I'm fortunate that my job allows me to do this while I'm working but I'm here about 5 times a day regardless and probably spend at least an hour of every day at the forum. Sometimes as much as 3 hours over the day, specially when I'm discussing a hot topic with George. :wink:

Over the time that this forum has been in existence not including the former Yahoo site I've made 2279 posts. By comparison George has made 4838 posts. 8O

Lots of times the forum participants don't like to here the straight story from George but they will get it. George continually amazes me with the wealth of correct factual information he has seemingly at his finger tips to share but I know otherwise. It takes time. We often kid George about his long posts but I appreciate the time and the care George takes to try to convey that information. Then sometimes we don't like to hear the message and we shoot the messenger. Makes it all that much harder.

Of course there are nearly 60 participants who have posted more than 100 times each and just over 200 more that have posted less than that but more than 10 times. It would be a pretty boring place if it where just me and George posting. All of us make this forum what it is.

What does that tell you about the amount of time it takes by volunteers to make this forum what it is. Not perfect but a IMHO a darn good forum.

The Association pays for the server space and connection of it to the internet and this of course is payed for with dues money.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Over the past 12 months, website advertising revenue has exceeded expenses. I don't see any reason for this not continuing unless we decide to do some redesigning of the site.

So, thanks to all of you who freely contribute to these forums (especially George and Bruce) and make it of value to advertisers, this website is actually a money-maker for the club!

Don't forget to thank the advertisers when you get a chance!
iowa

Post by iowa »

webmaster,
sounds like good news!
BTW i really like your avatar!!
dave
1951 170A 1468D SN 20051
1942 L-4B 2764C USAAC 43-572 (9433)
AME #17747