Test of inserting photo into message

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

Your photo came out fine. Dig those white walls! Is the pickup the same vintage as the 170?
The truck is a 1950 and the airplane is a 49'
Nice toys there Bill. I think I want an old pick-up. Does it drive 'like a truck'? Im fond of power steering, brakes, etc
Thanks and yes it drives like an old truck. I had forgotten about 4 wheel drum breaks before anti skid. I am in the process of moving to Atlanta but when we get settled down I am going to pull the body off of it and do a full restoration. It is for the most part all original except for the 12 volt system and a 235 Vs. a 216ci.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Yes Bill your LARGE picture is very nice because I have high-speed internet and don't mind downloading a 3.2 meg file. I also don't mind scrolling left to right to view the whole thing or I can stretch out the window to view it nicely on my 19" monitor.

But a lot of people here at the forum don't have high-speed connections and a big monitor.

So since this thread is all about learning how to post pictures might I suggest that a smaller version say 580 pixels wide of Bills picture would be just as nice to view and at 739K a lot faster to download and we won't have to scroll left to right to view the picture or read any of the stretched out posts that follow.

See what I mean. :D

Notice how on the first page of this thread all the text is now as wide as Bills photo and you need to scroll right to read it all. It doesn't happen on this page because at 580 pixels wide the photo is smaller than the minimum width of the main page frame. Try dragging the window bigger and smaller to see what I'm talking about.

A photo can be reduced in size various ways with photo editing software that is becoming very prevalent these days. Chances are if you have a photo on a computer you also have some software that will reduce the size of the photo.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

Sorry for the large photo. :oops:

Thanks for the tutorial Bruce. Hows this one.

Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Very nice classic airplane. Hard to imagine it making an unassisted landing and takeoff on an aircraft carrier. I'm talking about the Herck of course. :D

Your 170 is nice as well.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com