N8087A at home in Provincetown (on behalf of Kyle Takakjian)

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

doug8082a

N8087A at home in Provincetown (on behalf of Kyle Takakjian)

Post by doug8082a »

Posting on behalf of Kyle Takakjian…

N8087A’s new home

Last edited by doug8082a on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doug
Dougie

Post by Dougie »

Beautiful Plane!!!
trake

Post by trake »

Really beautiful. It would look even better without the big fuselage numbers IMHO A pet peeve
Tracy Ake
1955 cessna 170b
sn26936
N2993D
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

I'm not a big fan of large numbers either, but those are the best looking ones I've ever seen. 8)

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

That's a really classy looking airplane. Makes "The Silver Pig", my airplane, look like its name. I agree with Miles. Those are the best looking numbers I've ever seen.
BL
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Yes! Very pretty!
(I used to hate the idea of the old numbers being on the wings... then I realized that the reason the feds changed to fuselage numbers was because no one noticed them on the wings and they're difficult to read quickly on a passing plane... If the plane is coming straight at you, you have to be able to read upside-down and backwards ... fast. If it doesn't fly almost directly overhead...you'll not see them at all.
The only time they're easy to read is if you're chasing it from behind/above....(and that's when I'd want Customs/Military to recognize them as U.S.-civilian the most!) :wink:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I have always been a fan of blue and silver paint jos .... even my bicycle is blue and silver. Thanks for all the nice comments :D The paint job is actually 10 years old, and the interior is 6 years old. I purchased the plane from member Russ Ashbaugh. He kept it hangered and pampered and his efforts really show. As for the numbers, I have not seen the same design on other planes. I'm in favor of the original small numbers on the tail, however I'll keep what we have for now.

Now all I need to do is start flying it around to some of the events ........
Darn work ..... always gets in the way of aviation !!

Regards,
Kyle Takakjian
Truro, MA
52 C-170B, N8087A