Fun BFR

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

3958v

Fun BFR

Post by 3958v »

My 170 has been in for some service work and my last BFR expired the first of the month so I needed to get a BFR in an other plane if I want to test fly my 170 after the maintinance work and still have insurance coverage. So while visiting the airport today I ran into a local CFI and asked if he would give me a BFR check out. He sugested that we do it in his Champ. I readilly agreed as it was the very same Champ that I had flown in with my dad as a young teenager 38 years ago. We always rented the Champ because it was always availlable and cheap to rent. Sure was fun to fly and the icing on the cake came at the end when the CFI asked if I wanted to take a round by myself. I wouldent trade my 170 but it sure is a fun little low and slow plane. Bill K
Polished 48 170 Cat 22 JD 620 & Pug
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I've wished several times that I'd never sold my Aeronca Chief. (Of course, by now I'd have had to recover it and might have changed my mind!) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)