Yeehaw!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

5777c

Lars Wrote:

Post by 5777c »

Looks great, I'm jealous. Just do me one favor, when your flying around Wasilla please use your entire N#. I'm N5777C and if I heard 77C. I might think I'm hearing those voices again. :lol: Just kidding

Lars
futr_alaskaflyer

Post by futr_alaskaflyer »

Wow, that's a mouthful. I bet Anchorage approach loves that one.
Richard
N3477C
'55 B model (Franklin 6A-165-B3 powered, any others out there?)
futr_alaskaflyer

Well, Tom is working on finishing up the annual. Gear legs passed crack inspection :P New brake disks, gear legs blasted and repainted with new hardware, some small parts here and there. New BAS handles.

Decided to wait 'till later on new lighting, I'm still processing the other thread about strobes vs blinking landing lights. Plus I want to talk to Tom in person about the generator capacity on my particular plane.

Almost-new ICOM radio went t**s up on the trip from Bellingham to Whidbey Island :? , so he's going to shake the rust out from behind the panel :wink: and see if corroded wiring might be the problem.

I'm counting down to next weekend when I fly down to get checked out in it, and then it's up through Montana, Calgary and thence to the Alaska Highway home.
Richard
N3477C
mit

Post by mit »

futr_alaskaflyer wrote:Well, Tom is working on finishing up the annual. Gear legs passed crack inspection :P New brake disks, gear legs blasted and repainted with new hardware, some small parts here and there. New BAS handles.

Decided to wait 'till later on new lighting, I'm still processing the other thread about strobes vs blinking landing lights. Plus I want to talk to Tom in person about the generator capacity on my particular plane.

Almost-new ICOM radio went t**s up on the trip from Bellingham to Whidbey Island :? , so he's going to shake the rust out from behind the panel :wink: and see if corroded wiring might be the problem.

I'm counting down to next weekend when I fly down to get checked out in it, and then it's up through Montana, Calgary and thence to the Alaska Highway home.
I almost bought a ICOM last week. The VAL COM that I have for #2 com blew a fuse again for the umpteeth time I just had it fixed at Aircom last month for 118$ and it blew on the very next flight. I called VAL and they told me what to look for. I think they may have helped me find the problem, so I'm going to wait and see. I will try and have the annual and floats installed by the end of the month. I have a 13 amp gen. the smallest one. Seems to work ok, can't fly around with the landing lights on. :( Let us know what was wrong with the ICOM.
Tim
futr_alaskaflyer

Tom said he lost transmit but retained audio. Could be the wiring to the pilot's headset jack? Or the headset he was wearing? Or a power problem - enough juice to run the radio but not enough to transmit? Corroded power wires? At the time he just squawked 1200 and landed, he's going to troubleshoot later this week.
Richard
N3477C
futr_alaskaflyer

Here's a hoot! I was browsing through the FAA CD today and found that 77C was sold brand new from the Cessna factory in 1955 to Nashville Flying Service, Berry Field, Nashville, TN.

Nashville is the city of my youth, and my first ride in a Cessna was as a child with a friend family friend. We took off from - you guessed it - Nashville International, formerly Berry Field.
Richard
N3477C
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

futr_alaskaflyer wrote:Tom said he lost transmit but retained audio. Could be the wiring to the pilot's headset jack? Or the headset he was wearing? Or a power problem - enough juice to run the radio but not enough to transmit? Corroded power wires? At the time he just squawked 1200 and landed, he's going to troubleshoot later this week.
I removed your battery and cleaned the post serviced the water, and charged it. it was way down, Probably the reason the radios quit, it fell below the min voltage. I'll try to find the reason it wasn't charged..
Tom Downey A&P-IA