V speeds for 1951 170A???

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

pif_sonic

V speeds for 1951 170A???

Post by pif_sonic »

Does anyone have a list of all the V speeds for a 1951 170A?
God forbid we should ever be twenty years without a rebellion. ***Thomas Jefferson***
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

As I recall other than the single page Airplane Flight Manual (AFM) there aren't any official V speeds. You do have the required AFM don't you.

There aren't many speeds in the AFM either.

I know from time to time certain speeds have been discussed and perhaps someone has them all in one place.

I just fly the speeds the experience has shown me to work for me.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
pif_sonic

Post by pif_sonic »

Bruce,

I do have the AFM, but like you said there is not many V speeds listed. I flew the plane and documented the stall speeds with and without flaps. The main speeds I was concerned about are the maneuvering speed and best glide speed. I was wondering if the speeds will be similar to an earlier model 172. I hope nobody get upset that I mention a 172 on the 170 site. :D :D

I am going to install a Horton STOL Kit in May, so all the speeds my change anyway. If any body has a Horton STOL Kit on their 170A, let me know what V speeds you have documented.
God forbid we should ever be twenty years without a rebellion. ***Thomas Jefferson***
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

While the speeds are not specifically mentioned, the AFM and Owners Manual infer that manuevering speed is 115 mph for the landplane, and 110 for the seaplane. Best glide is 76 (same as best climb.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)