Aircraft Detailer - SFO Bay Area

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Robert Eilers

Aircraft Detailer - SFO Bay Area

Post by Robert Eilers »

I am interested in whether or not any of the San Fracisco Bay Area members use an aircraft detailer to maintain their C-170 exterior. I would like to arrange to have my C-170B detailed professionally at least once a year. However, I can't seem to locate anyone detailing aircraft in the Bay Area. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.
lowNslow

Post by lowNslow »

I don't know of any in the bay area, but if your willing to fly down to Monterey airport APR Aviation provides detailing. You could hang out in downtown, have some seafood, go to the aquarium and come back to a clean airplane.
The other option would be to check with some of the mobile car detailers in your area, some of them also do aircraft.
Karl
'53 170B N3158B SN:25400
ASW-20BL
steve grewing

Post by steve grewing »

I spoke with an International Aero, Inc. employee today. He thinks they have an office in the SFO area. They're on the internet. They are expensive.

Steve
Robert Eilers

Post by Robert Eilers »

Thansk for the recommendations. I followed up with APR in Monterey. APR quoted $350 for wash, degrease and polish. Best quote so far. I talked to Aero Clean in San Jose - pretty pricey.
Romeo Tango

KPAO - detailing

Post by Romeo Tango »

Someone approached me this weekend at Palo Alto, offering to detail the airplane. I didn't catch his name, but a call to the FBOs at KPAO would probably turn him up (West Valley Flying Club, Palo Alto Flying Club, Sundance Flying Club, Northern California Piper, etc.)

RT