Sun-N-Fun

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bill Hart

Sun-N-Fun

Post by Bill Hart »

Sun-N-Fun is right around the corner, is anyone planning on going? If so how about meeting up some where and flying in together?
3958v

Post by 3958v »

Bill My wife and I are planning to go down from PA. We hope to leave on Monday and arrive on Tuesday morning but we are VFR only so it probably wont happen that way. Bill K
Polished 48 170 Cat 22 JD 620 & Pug
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

Bill K,

I will be going down on Tuesday. Where are you planning on stopping? My normal route I like to stop in at KSSI and see the EAA folks there and then stop some where in Fl for gas before going on to S-N-F
3958v

Post by 3958v »

Bill Thanks I might stop at KSSI. A quick look at airnav shows fuel to be as reasonable as anywhere and all the coments are great. If the wife is along I wont be doing any 4.5Hr legs so its going to take longer but I have rarely met an airport I did not enjoy visiting. So maybe we will see you along the way. Bill K
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

3958v wrote:...I have rarely met an airport I did not enjoy visiting.
Ever been to Blythe, California? :x
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Miles I just drove through Blythe CA. Actually Teresa and I stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Express there on our way to Lake Havasu City from the San Diego mid-year meeting. Didn't visit the airport but funny you should mention the place.

As for KSSI Bill if you can, stop there. Free hot dogs and coffee every time I've stopped there which will be about 4 times on my 6 trips to Sun N Fun.
Last edited by Bruce Fenstermacher on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
3958v

Post by 3958v »

Miles I have never been there but it sounds like maybe a good place to send the local FAA guys. They don't like the 337's from ECI but won't call the MIDO in Texas to help sort it out. Sure is getting frustrating. I guess they are real busy protecting Washington from all the people that are fed up with our government. But I really must say that all in all the airports that I have visited on my travels around the country have provided unbelivable sevice and hospitality. Bill K
Bruce Fenstermacher

Are you kidding Bill. The Philly FSDO doesn't like something :?: And they won't call their own organization to get it straight. 8O

I'd call ECI and tell them their selling improperly documented and or parts with unapproved modifications and see if their lawyers might want to call the FSDO or higher authority. :twisted:

cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

N9149A wrote:Miles I just drove through Blythe CA. Actually Teresa and I stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Express there on our way to Lake Havasu City from the San Diego mid-year meeting. Didn't visit the airport but funny you should mention the place.
Actually, KBLH is one of the few airports at which I've ever been treated poorly. Hopefully things have changed for the better, but the two times I stopped there in '96 and '98 the service sucked. The first time was for an overnight, and a $20 cab ride (each way) was the ONLY way to get to the hotel. I may give them another chance next time I'm eastbound. Checking avweb, I see that their price for 100LL is $3.56/gal, not too bad in this part of the country these days.

Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
3958v

Post by 3958v »

Bruce The "MIDO"? in Texas says that ECI is doing what they want but they only signed one part of the 337 and the Philly FSDO thinks they should have signed both places. Its now been 2 weeks since the plane has been done and and they won't tell us wether or not they will accept the 337 if we submit it the way ECI wants us to. Bill K
Bruce Fenstermacher

Bill H. don't mean to hijack the thread but Bill K. That just sucks. I'd submit it and get the formal disapproval or approval so you can move on. You'll never know till you give it to them.

russfarris

Post by russfarris »

Hi guys, heading down to Sun-n-Fun tommorow (Monday) plan on staying through Thursday. I'll be camping in the Vintage/Antique parking area -
look for a polished aluminum/red trim 52B model (N8143A). Hope to meet more of you guys face to face, got plenty of beer...Russ Farris
All glory is fleeting...
theduckhunter

Post by theduckhunter »

Headed down to lakeland on Thursday morning and staying through the weekend. I'll probably be parked in the warbird parking with my 54 C-180 that is yellow and brown but sometimes we end up in the vintage camping. Hope to see other 170 there.

Robbie Yeaman
N2980C
Robbie Yeaman
Virginia
2993D, now 2980C a C-180