Johnson Creek WebCam

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

blueldr

Johnson Creek WebCam

Post by blueldr »

For those of you who may have an interest in knowing:
I had a phone call today from my friend Phil Ellison, World Famous Engineer, Ace C-170 operator, and TIC170A member, who works for the Midvale Telephone Co. in Idaho. He and Karen, his wife, both of them pilots, are responsible for providing us with the Johnson Creek Airport webcam. It has been down since late last summer, but is now up and running again. This is great news for fans of Johnson Creek Airport and Camp Ground at Yellowpine, ID.
Many thanks, Phil and Karen.

For the uninitiated, Try "Googleing" it up at Johnson Creek Airport Webcam.
BL
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

OK I did that and it's all black :( Must have to wait a while. :wink:

http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~yellowpinecm/
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

OK it turned white now :)

Looks like skis or I need some really big tires. I'll stay down here in AZ for a while. Four months now for no precipitation in Phoenix.

Webcam for Payson:

http://www.abc15.com/weather/network/ca ... asp?unit=3
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Be advised there are no lights anywhere around Johnson Creek Airport, particularly this time of year, so you have to look at it during daylight hours. It is in the Mountain Time zone. Sometimes you can see a herd of Elk on the runway.
BL
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

When I talked to Ken Morrow (Idaho Rep) he said that a Johnson Creek fly-in might be good, pre-convention. In other words, on the way to Kelawana drop by Johnson Creek.
Here is a mountain flying seminar that you might go too!
http://www.fly-low.com/imge0106/mtnflyposter.pdf
R COLLINS

Web cam

Post by R COLLINS »

Hey Dave, When are you going to install a web cam at Petit Jean?
51 Cessna 170A N1263D
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

I would like to have something set up during this years fly-in. I'm thinking that we could take daily pictures and post them from Tryston's laptop. Traci bought the ingredients for a Webcam for the house, but she'll be a long time finishing it. I think that a webcam at Petit Jean Waterfall would be neat.
I've got the new Petit Jean 170 Website on the Internet, but I'm not giving out the address yet. The pictures didn't download. My first attempt isn't very good. But we'll be making it good, probably when I get back in 2 weeks. I'm out of here in about 3 hrs.
OK, here it is - but nothing works yet! :roll:
Your picture is supposed to be right under Photo Album (maybe that's why it won't work)
http://home.centurytel.net/PetitJean170/
N1277D

Re: Johnson Creek

Post by N1277D »

Dick is way ahead of me, I need to read the forum more. We have the Johnson Creek Web Camera up and running after a lengthly delay. The camera had an autoiris problem that took some time for the factory to fix. In the mean time, we ordered a replacement WebCam which came out of the box non functional and it is also back in the shop for repair. Once the new one is back from the factory we are perhaps placing this camera at Stanley or Smiley Creek.

We needed a snowcat in to plow open the road to the Johnson Creek airport to put up the cam. Kif at the General Store in Yellowpine helped to get the road open, (his snow cat) along with the Idaho Bureau of Aeronautics for turning the power back on. Kif flies a C185 out of there in the winter on skis and also has a yurt in Big Creek where he takes backcountry skiers in the 185 or in the snowcat.

Dick is true the family owns and manages telephone companies that provides service to places where no one else will go; we just got DSL into Yellowpine/Warm Lake and will also be providing the same services into Big Creek in the next few years.