Sadly, sold 4490B

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

rudymantel

Sadly, sold 4490B

Post by rudymantel »

With sadness, I sold N4490B. It just made no economic sense to keep paying hangar rent and insurance while being grounded. That hangar rent was a budgert buster...

The buyer, Scott Shields, will take good care of it. He lives in nearby Palm Beach County and has owned a 170B which was wrecked by Hurricane Wilma. Scott flies 767's for American but is nevertheless a good pilot.

Scott made a generous, heartfelt offer to fly right seat with me in 90B whenever he's not working. I'll probably take him up on that.

I may try to regain my medical. Am also looking at the Light Sport Aircraft scene. I've always liked the Aeronca 7AC and the Piper Vagabond. The prices of light airplanes under 1320 lbs GW have skyrocketed since the LSA regs came into effect.

But I probably won't do anything real soon. I'll continue to pop in on you guys from time to time. I wish you all many happy landings and continued enjoyment of your lovely 170's-
Rudy
C-170B N4490B
Plantation Florida
(Based at North Perry Airport,
KHWO, Miramar FL)
mit

Post by mit »

Sorry Rudy :(
Tim
Walker

Post by Walker »

Go for the Vagabond. It's the nicest little plane you will ever fly. With at least 85HP stuck in front, you will probably wonder why you ever flew anything else. You just can't sleep at the controls on landing like you can in a 170. Go for it. My old PA-17 is down in your neck of the woods, 4675H. Put over 900 hours in that little bitch. A plane that will keep you honest and heart flowing. Yippie!!
russfarris

Post by russfarris »

Hey Rudy, you're one of the guys that make this forum great. Keep us abreast of what you're up to...Russ Farris - who thinks he's a good pilot
inspite of being an Airbus driver! :lol:
All glory is fleeting...
mike roe

PA-11 for sale

Post by mike roe »

I had a nice 1947 PA-11 I sold to buy a 170.I got a call from the owner he is putting it on the market to buy a helicopter.Something about commuting.Anyways this is the best flying Cub series Piper made.Light with no electric and I put a new C-90-8 with new wood prop.Engine now has 140 hrs.If interested contact me for a phone #.This plane was made for 3 years and turned into the Supercub.It also is LSA.