Conventions 101

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

c170b53

Conventions 101

Post by c170b53 »

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Kelowna convention. but having never attended one, I'm wondering what are the do's and don'ts and as an example do members bring stuff for an auction to support the club? If we where to have this meeting in Newfoundland I'd know to bring an extra liver.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I brought two cases of custom-brewed ale from a micro-brew in Durango to the Tehachapi convention. They raised $90 ($45/case) for the Assn. :P
(Their added weight cost me a few years off my life on the take-off out of Animas Airpark, tho'. It only flew because of curvature of the earth.) 8O
Lots of folks bring items to donate for auction. That's a lot of the fun! Beware of our auctioneer and his crooked help, tho'! (I'm still trying to find out how Miles got me to consume enough of his local brew prior to the auction to bid $45 on a throw-away camera. I thought I was bidding on a Digital Camera. Dale Faux later tried to convinced me the cheap plastic camera he'd held up had only been declared a "digitally operated camera.")
:lol:

It's a great time to bring airplane parts etc. (Hey, Dave,...what problems might we anticipate bringing such items for auction thru Customs? Maybe we should identify them as "spares"?)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)