Lonely 170B looking for companion!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

AR Dave

Lonely 170B looking for companion!

Post by AR Dave »

If you are selling your Cessna 170 and have a flier made up that you can send me, email or snail mail, I’d sure like to put it up on the bulletin board at the Russellville, AR Airport. Send me a picture and I’ll make the flier myself, if you’d like. I’d really like to get some 170’s re-located to AR. If you are a Cessna 170 owner, consider upgrading your location to the Ozarks. If you live near the boarder, consider getting an AR mailing address so that I’ll have someone to represent! :cry:
CraigH

Post by CraigH »

Dave,
What day are you planning to make Reklaw? Send me your tail number and I'll look you up. Trying to put together a list of all the people/airplanes I need to hook up with while there.
Craig Helm
Graham, TX (KRPH)
2000 RV-4
ex-owner 1956 Cessna 170B N3477D, now CF-DLR
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Well I've got Thursday morning in mind right now! Unfortunately there is going to be a standoff between something my wife has had scheduled and Reklaw. (I havn't checked my very active 3 kids schedules either) So I'm sorta procrastinating bringing the subject up. Maybe everyone should email Traci, and tell her that ya'll can't wait to see her at Reklaw! :idea:
This fly-in must be way bigger than I have a concept of. I can't imagine that all the 170's folks won't be grouped up shortly after landing. My tail number is N4387B - It'll be the 55 170B with the Bubble door windows, V-Brace in windshield, 8.50 tires, big black prop. Here's the getting painted pic - in the Paint Advice subject.
http://cessna170.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... c&start=15
R COLLINS

Post by R COLLINS »

Dave, I been to the Walmart's up there. Anybody that could get a pilots license left Arkansas long ago. 8O Just kidding :!: It's not a requirement to own a 170 to be a member. Maybe you could get some people around there with T-crafts and 140's to join and they would fly along at your speed. :D At least the ones that have been metalized. Heck wouldn't it be easier just to move back to Texas. :idea: By the way, tell Traci that Reklaw is the 4th weekend in Oct. every year so it should already be on her calender for the year 2010. :wink:
Later, RC
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Dave, I emailed you some pics of a past Reklaw to give you an idea of what to expect. Tell Traci that Reklaw will give her lots of ideas about the next Petit Jean! :P
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Glad you chimed in here Randal! A lot of those folks, smart enough to get a pilots license, are coming back to Ark for retirement. Yes I fly around with the Experimentals some. Full Flaps 60 mph, but when you have the ability to scream up to 98 mph, you want to use it.

George, good job! Traci FWD those Reklaw pictures. She might be understanding the total seriousness of the situation now. Looking at those pictures, can't we just pick a corner and all the 170's head there upon landing. Frank, Joe, George, Craig, Randal, whomelse, pick a spot..
Are there Bull Frogs in that pond?
R COLLINS

Post by R COLLINS »

Didn't know Clinton had his license. :wink:
51 Cessna 170A N1263D
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

R COLLINS wrote:Didn't know Clinton had his license. :wink:
Uh, Randal, ...that word was F - L Y I N G. With an F. :wink:
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
170C

Reklaw

Post by 170C »

What usually happens is some 170 ers :? prefer to park out in the open while others prefer to have the trees & camping area immediately behind their planes & due to different arrival times its hard to park "types" all together and we end up parked all over the place. About the only ones that have been somewhat successful have been the Piper Cubs. Dave, I don't have a good memory of how many planes were at Reklaw last year (mine wasn't due to an incompleted annual), but there were a bunch. One year we had about 400 planes. That was the largest number and most years are less than that, but 200 +- planes is a bunch to look at, talk to their pilots/owners and watch land. Bring Traci along.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Those that camp out usually like to tie down along the runway or around the outer perimeter of the meadow with their tails to the trees. (But be careful about falling limbs, they can damage your plane, especially if the wind picks up. They are pines and commonly have dead branches there.)

The guys/gals who arrive only for the day, usually Saturday, all park in the center of the meadow. I prefer the meadow personally and usually park somewhere around the south perimeter. Joe/Frank usually park along the north side of the runway about 1000' down from the hangar end, (in the slow-down-and-stop-zone.) :lol:

Everyone bring snacks and/or favorite beverages for the lying contest at the campfire Friday nite. :P
Robert Eilers

Lonely 170B looking for Company

Post by Robert Eilers »

If the cost of living continues to climb the way it has the past 5 years in California, you may have more neighbors than you bargained for. AR Homeland Security will have to erect a Fence along the border to keep all of us Californians out.