'The Helmericks' and 'The Golden Plover'

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

OX5_dave

'The Helmericks' and 'The Golden Plover'

Post by OX5_dave »

Bud Helmericks's Cessna 180 is called 'The Helmericks' . Jim Helmericks's Cessna 206 is called 'The Golden Plover'. As I understand it, Mark Helmericks now owns 'The Helmericks'.
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Bud's earlier planes (140 & 170) were both named the Arctic Tern, according to his books.
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Who gives a ---- ?
C-170B N4490B
Plantation Florida
(Based at North Perry Airport,
KHWO, Miramar FL)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

By god, Rudy, I think you have a point there!

My airplane is named "The Silver Pig", but I can't immagine that it could be of possible interest to anyone else.
BL
OX5_dave

'The Helmericks' and the Golden Plover', Part II

Post by OX5_dave »

I feel bad about this, but I have to make a correction from my previous post. 'The Golden Plover' is not Jim's Cessna 206, but his tundra tire Piper Cub. Sorry about that.

There was a question in previous posts from other people asking about the names of the Helmericks's planes. I know their planes because I worked with them in the summers of '75, and '76 in the Arctic.

At that time, Bud Helmericks was the author of 13 books about Alaska, and I had read all of them by the time I arrived in Fairbanks of June '75 to visit Sam O. White for five days. email me if you want. Dave Egli
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

My airplane is called "Negative Cash Flow".
(Joe's is called "Negative Ground Speed".) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
flyguy

whatsinna name

Post by flyguy »

I BEEN JES CALLIN MINE THE "CLOUD DANCER" FRUM THU CLOUDS O DUST JES BLOWIN OFFN THU WINGS AN TAIL FETHERS WHEN I LITE HER MOTOR UP. AN ALSO SUM TIMES I GITS IMPATIENT AN USE THE WINDYMILLR THANG ON THU FRONT TU BLOW THU LEAVES OUT OF THE HANGAR AN HIT MAKE LOTSA MORE DUST 'CLOUDS' TOO! :roll:
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
jon s blocker

aviation history

Post by jon s blocker »

Rudy and Bluelder, Lighten up! this section is in here for comments and conversations like OX5 was making. If you aren't interested don't read it , but why make disparaging remarks to either a guest or a member. Thanks for your consideration. Jon
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I was just reading at another site about some old airline memorabilia. The site host collects things like old postcards, photos, schedules, matchbooks, etc. etc.
One of the photos had a pic of an Eastern DC2 with the company slogan painted over the windows, "The Great Silver Fleet",....Eddie Rickenbacker's slogan for the airline when he was CEO and chief stockholder. One of the humorous anecdotes was that detractors of the airline, and of Eddie's huge ego, ...referred to the airline as "The Great Silly Fleet". :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)