Flap roller

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

simatos

Flap roller

Post by simatos »

I am looking at my inboard rear flap roller bearing and see the inboard surface where the bearing may contact , in fact has worn into the aluminum of the flap. My AME tells me cessna issued a notice that a washer should go on the inboard side of the roller to prevent this from happening. Have you heard of this????????? I was checking out some 172s and 182s and they all have this washer in place, however there is no such washer in the IPC. I will lookforward to your thoughts on this G
lowNslow

Post by lowNslow »

The Cessna service bulliten covers the forward rollers only, however, McFarland sells an STC kit for the rear inboard roller. You probably don
't need them for the rear outboard roller as this one sould have some shims which serve the same purpose.
If the forward rollers have not been installed, I would get them done as well. I have a fairly low time airframe and was surprised at the amount of wear on my flap supports. I was no where near the limit specified by Cessna, but if you have a high time airframe, I could see where this could be a problem.
Karl
'53 170B N3158B SN:25400
ASW-20BL