Kit Proof fuel selector valve

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Velvet

Kit Proof fuel selector valve

Post by Velvet »

Hello Cessna 170 owners.
My name is Brad Weaver and I work for Cessna Aircraft Company and I perform what we call "Kit Proofs" or "Pre-Service Bulletins" on all Cessna single engine airplanes. I'm currently looking for a 170 airplane, Serial range 18574 through 18729 to fit a new fuel selector valve into. The original valves are no longer available and we are working on a new direct
replacement valve. The way the program works is that Cessna pays for the parts and labor to install and test the new valve. The only cost to the
customer/owner of the airplane is any expenses incurred to fly the airplane into Wichita Kansas and for the duration of however long the Kit Proof takes to complete (hotel cost, transportation, food, etc.). In addition, if the maintenance facility finds something that needs to be repaired that does not have to do with the Kit Proof, or if you would like to have other maintenance performed while the airplane is at the maintenance facility, that will be the responsibility of the customer/owner of the airplane to work with the maintenance facility to work out. The work will be performed at one of two maintenance facilities here in Wichita. Those are Yingling Aviation at Mid Continent Airport or Mid West Corporate at Jabara Airport (both located in Wichita Kansas). If you are interested in allowing Cessna to use your airplane for this Kit Proof, please contact me (Brad Weaver) at 1-316-517-8990 or e-mail me at baweaver@cessna.textron.com . Thank you in advance for all your support.
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

I don't have the right serial number, but it's good to know that Cessna is still interested in our old birds-
Rudy
C-170B N4490B
Plantation Florida
(Based at North Perry Airport,
KHWO, Miramar FL)