Found mine...hopefully...

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: Found mine...hopefully...

Post by GAHorn »

If you think you want that airplane, then exchange “Letters of Intent” expressing you will make an “earnest money deposit” in return for a “first right of refusal” after an inspection by a mutually agreeable inspector, within XX-number of days, if the inspection does not occur within XX days or the airplane is found unairworthy, then the deposit is refunded.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
IP076

Post by IP076 »

Thank you. That is taken care of. Where the hiccup is if the inspection doesn’t go well, and we’re not going to execute the sale, the airplane is now 300 miles from home. I would have no problem covering expenses and returning the airplane, the real potential issue is if an airworthiness issue was found that prevented flying the airplane home.

So, the real question at hand, anyone have a recommendation for a shop or mechanic to do a pre-purchase inspection in the Havre or Great Falls, Montana area?

Thank you.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

IP076 wrote:Thank you. That is taken care of. Where the hiccup is if the inspection doesn’t go well, and we’re not going to execute the sale, the airplane is now 300 miles from home. I would have no problem covering expenses and returning the airplane, the real potential issue is if an airworthiness issue was found that prevented flying the airplane home.

So, the real question at hand, anyone have a recommendation for a shop or mechanic to do a pre-purchase inspection in the Havre or Great Falls, Montana area?

Thank you.

That’s not a problem in MY book!

If the seller is claiming it’s airworthy.... and it’s found to be NOT airworthy.... getting the airplane either airworthy OR back home should be the SELLERS problem.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
IP076

Post by IP076 »

I don’t necessarily disagree.

But it is what it is, and it’s a concern in this transaction. Again, I highly doubt there’s nefarious intent, just an old soul mentality and concern.

Since the last time I checked reasonable 170s aren’t growing on trees, I’d like to try and keep the deal together. What I’m looking for is a mechanic or shop who can do a pre-purchase inspection and at least check the big ticket items to give me a little peace of mind.

So...anyone have a suggestion for a shop in the Havre or Great Falls, Montana area?
Kevin Pearce

Post by Kevin Pearce »

I can highly recommend a shop and IA in Kalispell MT.
My 170B was maintained and inspected by Reed Lamb at Kalispell Airport.
Reed de-rigged, packed and shipped my 170B, and took so much care and created such good assembly instructions.
If you can get Reed to do a annual / pre-buy you will be in very good hands.

4426 Highway 2 East
Kalispell, MT 59901
USA
406-756-5829

You can tell him that Kevin Pearce recommended him.

I hope this helps.

Kevin
IP076

Post by IP076 »

Kevin Pearce wrote:I can highly recommend a shop and IA in Kalispell MT.
My 170B was maintained and inspected by Reed Lamb at Kalispell Airport.
Reed de-rigged, packed and shipped my 170B, and took so much care and created such good assembly instructions.
If you can get Reed to do a annual / pre-buy you will be in very good hands.

4426 Highway 2 East
Kalispell, MT 59901
USA
406-756-5829

You can tell him that Kevin Pearce recommended him.

I hope this helps.

Kevin
Thank you Kevin! I'll see what I can work out. Still a little bit of distance, but I'll see what I can work out. Thanks for the info.
counsellj

Post by counsellj »

Great to have another 170 in Washington. Welcome
Joe Moilanen

Post by Joe Moilanen »

counsellj wrote:Great to have another 170 in Washington. Welcome
Yes it would be!!

Joe
4518C
Deputydog

Post by Deputydog »

counsellj wrote:Great to have another 170 in Washington. Welcome
Yes definitely! Especially on the eastside.
1950 Cessna 170A model