Personal max crosswind component ?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N1478D

Post by N1478D »

In the programming world, anytime a bug is pointed out we programmers call it a feature. Maybe you could have said "see, these things turn on a dime!"
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

"Taildragger" means conventional gear- I remember when Piper came out with the Tri Pacer. We called it a "three legged Pacer".
Rudy
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

zero.one.victor wrote:The proper line in such a situation is "see--these things almost land themselves". The proper comment under a picture of such a situation (or worse!) is "real pilots fly taildraggers".

Eric
I was chief pilot of an AMEX subsidiary at the time I owned my Aeronca Chief. One of the privileges of that position was I didn't have to report an hour before the flight departed like my co-horts did. Somtimes I arrived with the passengers. My pilots had a T-shirt made for me that said "Chief pilot's drag their tails."
(Some of them claimed the Aeronca was the only legitimate reason I could be called a "chief pilot".) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Arriving with the pax ! Boy, that's my kinda job !
(But beware of co-pilots who preflight the wheel wells while wearing sunglasses)
Rudy