Master CFI Accreditation

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

hilltop170

Master CFI Accreditation

Post by hilltop170 »

One of our members, Jon "Jughead" Counsell has achieved elite status in the flight instructor community.

Congratulations Jughead!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jon Edward "Jughead" COUNSELL, Master CFI-Aerobatic (Initial: 21Oct13)
Arlington TX
E-mail: JugheadF15@yahoo.com

Jon "Jughead" Counsell, a 1st-time Master as well as a member of IAC and SAFE, recently earned his Master CFI-Aerobatic accreditation. A veteran US Air Force command pilot, Jughead is an instructor pilot with APS Emergency Maneuver Training (http://www.APSTraining.com) at Arlington Municipal Airport (GKY). He specializes in advanced upset recovery and aerobatic training largely in Extra 300s. (Photo: MCFI-A Jon Counsell of Del Rio, TX)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Master Instructors LLC and the International Aerobatic Club (IAC) take great pride in announcing a significant aviation accomplishment on the part of Jon Counsell, an instructor piolt with APS Emergency Maneuver Training and resident of Arlington, Texas.

Recently, Jughead was accredited as a Master CFI-Aerobatic (Certificated Flight Instructor-Aerobatic) by Master Instructors LLC, the international accrediting authority for the Master Instructor designation as well as the FAA-approved Master Instructor Programä. Additionally, he is one of six (6) MCFI-As teaching at APS Training.

To help put these achievements in their proper perspective, there are approximately 97,000 CFIs in the United States. Fewer than 800 of those aviation educators have achieved that professional distinction thus far. The last 18 National Flight Instructors of the Year or National FAASTeam Representatives of the Year were Master CFIs (see: http://www.GeneralAviationAwards.org/) while Jughead is one of only 44 Texas aviation educators who has earned this prestigious "Master" title and one of only 33 worldwide to earn aerobatic accreditation.

In the words of former FAA Administrator Marion Blakey, "The Master Instructor accreditation singles out the best that the right seat has to offer."

The Master Instructor designation is a national accreditation recognized by the FAA. Candidates must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to excellence, professional growth, and service to the aviation community, and must pass a rigorous evaluation by a peer Board of Review. The process parallels the continuing education regimen used by other professionals to enhance their knowledge base while increasing their professionalism. Designees are recognized as outstanding aviation educators for not only their excellence in teaching, but for their engagement in the continuous process of learning -- both their own, and their students'. The designation must be renewed biennially and significantly surpasses the FAA requirements for renewal of the candidate's flight instructor certificate.

Please feel free to disseminate this information widely. Questions regarding the Master Instructor Programä may be directed to 303-485-8136 or MasterInstrs@aol.com For more information about the Master Instructor Programä and to locate other Masters, please visit the "Find a Master Instructor" section of http://www.MasterInstructors.org To learn more about the Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE), visit http://SafePilots.org/ The International Aerobatic Club (IAC) can be reached through their website at http://IAC.org/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Alexander "Sandy" & JoAnn Hill, MCFI-Es
Master Instructors LLC, Longmont CO
Cells: 303-475-6008 (S) / 303-709-6862 (J)
Phone: 303-485-8136
http://www.MasterInstructors.org

"Serving Master Instructors since 1995"
Last edited by hilltop170 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
C170U2

Re: Master CFI Accreditation

Post by C170U2 »

Congrats Jughead!!

Now come back out to California and teach me how to fly the 170!!

Mike
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Congratulations!

And all this time I thought you were "just" an F15 pilot!
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Congratulations Jon.

Hard to keep track of the amazing people we have in this Association. I hadn't known Jon was a F-15 pilot in fact I don't think I connected he was any military pilot. Should have known I guess from his log in. :?

And with my best inter service rivalry, Warrant Army Aviator, swagger up to the bar at the O-Club cocky attitude turned on, I say Dave your right, he is JUST an F-15 pilot. :lol: :lol: And now we know he can also teach which puts him perhaps a step above the average Joe F-15 pilot. :wink:

(Ok - Flight suit and Warrant swagger off - that 42R hasn't fit for some time now :( )
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Cool...
gparker

Post by gparker »

Congrats, Jughead, very nice to have met you at Reklaw as well.

Greg
1956 170B N3457D
SN 27000
Denham Springs, LA
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Congrats Jughead.........now I know your real name :)

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
counsellj

Post by counsellj »

Richard and all the others, Thank You for your kind words. I have been very blessed to have been able to experience the broad spectrum of both military, commercial and private aviation that has allowed me to achieve this recognition. While I am excited to trade in my Extra 300 for an Alaska Airlines 737, I'm thankful I will still be able to enjoy the Extra that belongs to my good friend Jacquie B!

Jughead, and after 20 plus years, that is my real name. :wink:
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Hey Jughead'
Just wanted to make sure I knew your given name. Most obits list it that way :) don't want to miss anything :). Like my name "William" my mom called me Bill....unless she was mad then it came out William....Both my grandfathers were a William.....my fathers dad was called Willie....my dad always called me Willie, all my friends for the last 45 years have called me Willie, some of my sisters call me Bill some call me Willie.

So when we meet up again and you say "William".....I may not respond. Kind of like a friend of mine here on this forum ......he says "Don't ever call me Dick" :)

Hope to meet up with you again JUGHEAD.

Thanks for your service

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Jughead, do you have a class date yet? When you get on the line, we'll have to meet up in Anchorage sometime.
Richard Pulley
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
It's not for sale!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

W.J.Langholz wrote:Hey Jughead'
Just wanted to make sure I knew your given name. Most obits list it that way :) don't want to miss anything :). Like my name "William" my mom called me Bill....unless she was mad then it came out William....Both my grandfathers were a William.....my fathers dad was called Willie....my dad always called me Willie, all my friends for the last 45 years have called me Willie, some of my sisters call me Bill some call me Willie.

So when we meet up again and you say "William".....I may not respond. Kind of like a friend of mine here on this forum ......he says "Don't ever call me Dick" :)

Hope to meet up with you again JUGHEAD.

Thanks for your service

W.
SOME of your friends call you "Dubya!" :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
counsellj

Post by counsellj »

hilltop170 wrote:Jughead, do you have a class date yet? When you get on the line, we'll have to meet up in Anchorage sometime.
Richard, No I don't have a class date yet. I expect January. Until then, I'll be in Arlington. Hopefully I will see you at the Christmas Party.

Jughead
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

counsellj wrote:
hilltop170 wrote:Jughead, do you have a class date yet? When you get on the line, we'll have to meet up in Anchorage sometime.
Richard, No I don't have a class date yet. I expect January. Until then, I'll be in Arlington. Hopefully I will see you at the Christmas Party.

Jughead
Jughead-
Yep, February will be a great time to be doing your IOE in Alaska!

I'll give you a call next time I'm in Grand Prairie, PM me your cell number.

And thanks for the reminder on the Christmas party, I need to put a post in the Forum about it. Hope you and everyone else can make it.
Richard Pulley
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
It's not for sale!