Airport / Hanger. Woes

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

MoonlightVFR

Airport / Hanger. Woes

Post by MoonlightVFR »

city of /St Clair, MO has destroyed two hangers I had rented. I am currently in the last remaining hanger, -a modern steel structure w sliding doors. I like it.

March 20th. My name was published in local news paper identifying me as a tenant including my city of residence.
I am not pleased . the publicity is unwanted.

March. 24, 2012. I received aCertified Mail, Return Reciept Requested letter from City
of St Clair, MO. Had to show photo ID at post office. Lettter had as its intent a .Cease an. Desist. Order. Pilot /Tenant are forbidden from making repairs at the airport.

Monday. March. 26 Mayor and City Administrator are flying to Wash. DC to. Meet with the FAA in their request to close St Clair Regional airport. city may be lax and uninformed as to their Compliance Requirements of airport operations in conjunction with Federal Grants received.

I have faith and confidence in the future.

regards
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
GAHorn

Re: Airport / Hanger. Woes

Post by GAHorn »

Have you informed AOPA?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

If the airport is K39, the AOPA ASN Volunteer is Jim De Vries. You can email him by going here: http://www.aopa.org/asn/getv.html and entering the airport ID. He should be working with AOPA about this, if he's an active volunteer.
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
MoonlightVFR

Post by MoonlightVFR »

Yes, we have been in contact with the AOPA for at least two (2) years.

There are only eight tenants remaining at airport since the older hangers were demolished.

A local newspaper The Missourian has repeated hammered the pilots and GA in general. Depicted as wealthy , selfish , out of towners who refuse to budge so city can build a retail sales tax development on airport property. I personally have never read their paper.

There is real possibility that the city could lose the enitire property without ever seeing financial benefit.

Regards
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
oldtriallawyer

Post by oldtriallawyer »

Hire a good eminemt domain lawyer.

Joel
" I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution." Thomas Jefferson (1788).
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

oldtriallawyer wrote:Hire a good eminemt domain lawyer.

Joel
Is that another oxymoron ? (similar to amicable divorce, military intelligence, and helicopter pilot....?)

Grady, what's the progress on your airport?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

The trouble is that if you don't have a lawyer with an iron in the fire, like having his own airplane on the field, he will pull the file out of a drawer about twice a week just to make his boat payment.
BL