Life Is Good, 170 style

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Life Is Good, 170 style

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

DaveF wrote:You bet, George! I just need to get a little more comfortable on the right side.
Doesn't sound like you need more time in the right seat. Sounds like you won't be touching the controls anyway. :)
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
N4064V

Post by N4064V »

My kids used to like flying to and from our favorite fly-in restaurant. My daughter would fly the to leg because she loved to put the plane into 0 g's. We called them up and downs. We up and downed it all the way there, which is why she flew the go to leg. My son would then fly home because he wanted to keep the plane level and heading correct. Much easier on the stomach that way. I would take back the controls when we got close to home as we had to finish off each flight doing a low pass across my neighbors grass strip. His name is Sam Antonio and we would go by with me dancing on the rudder pedals with us singing the "ol Sam Antonio stroll". They are both moved out of the house now but I sure miss those times. Spending time with your kids is really the most important thing in life.
Mick Capouch
N4064V
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Robert Eilers,
I guess I can't hold it against your son for selecting the Navy. After all, they were our allies back in the big war, just like the Russians and the Chinese.
BL
Robert Eilers

Post by Robert Eilers »

Wooow Dick - clearly you've got your wide blue yunder pride up. The way my son explained it to me; when asked by the Navy recruiter why he was interested in the Navy, my son told him he wanted a nice warm bed to sleep in every night, three hot meals everyday, and a good O-club to chill in at the end of the duty day. The Navy recruiter informed my son that he should be next door talking the Air Force recruitor.
"You have to learn how to fall before you learn how to fly"
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

gahorn wrote:Put that kid in the left seat!
Done! Today Will made two nice landings from the left seat. Interestingly, he found it easier than from the right side, even though he has more right seat experience than left. Why would it be easier from the left side? I've heard the explanation that sitting on the left side makes it real. Could be, too. I remember the feeling of becoming the pilot, after a few years of flying right seat with friends.

Only 18 months until he can get a student certificate.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

It gets worse. I'm now relegated to the back seat, and that's when they even let me come along for the ride! :D
IMG_2414 reduced.jpg
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

So cool!!!!!!!!!!!
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"