Looking for a ride.

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

rcarson

Looking for a ride.

Post by rcarson »

Hello All,

New to the forum. I am currently flying a Sonex tailwheel that I built and completed in 2009. I had a C Model Mooney a couple of years since then also. I currently have a Kitfox 7SS project in my garage but am thinking of selling it and I am interested in a 170B.

I am located in the DFW area at 52F and am looking for the opportunity to experience any model of the 170. I have admired them for a while and think it is time but would like to get a ride first.

Let me know if you are in the area and willing.

Take Care
Bob Carson
469-644-0058
170C

Re: Looking for a ride.

Post by 170C »

Interesting that 52F is shown as Aero Valley Airport. Flew in there for years and it took a while to remember not to call it Aero Valley, but Northwest Regional instead. Has it been renamed Aero Valley in recent years?
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
rcarson

Post by rcarson »

Yes, just recently but, there is some issue it will be changed back to Northwest Regional soon.
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

rcarson wrote:Yes, just recently but, there is some issue it will be changed back to Northwest Regional soon.
There are several 170Bs on the field. Gene Hattaway has a nice ‘52 B model in the west tee hangars. There is also a CFI with a 170 that has a sign on his hangar...his place is just behind Tina’s Pilot Shop. Can’t recall his name.
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Bob-
I have a 1951 A model that is currently in Mena, AR for some work. I fly to the DFW area every week or so to see my mom. If you still want a ride when I get it back, I’ll be happy to fly up to 52F or you can come down to Grand Prairie, KGPM, your call.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
rcarson

Post by rcarson »

Ryan Smith wrote:
rcarson wrote:Yes, just recently but, there is some issue it will be changed back to Northwest Regional soon.
There are several 170Bs on the field. Gene Hattaway has a nice ‘52 B model in the west tee hangars. There is also a CFI with a 170 that has a sign on his hangar...his place is just behind Tina’s Pilot Shop. Can’t recall his name.
Thanks Ryan, I'll check it out.
rcarson

Post by rcarson »

hilltop170 wrote:Bob-
I have a 1951 A model that is currently in Mena, AR for some work. I fly to the DFW area every week or so to see my mom. If you still want a ride when I get it back, I’ll be happy to fly up to 52F or you can come down to Grand Prairie, KGPM, your call.
Thanks Richard, I appreciate the offer. Whenever its a good time for you I wouldn't mind meeting you at KGPM. That is where I initiated my flight training.
DecathlonDriver

Post by DecathlonDriver »

I'm looking for a taildragger that can take me and my son camping and fishing mainly in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. May also take my wife and daughter on day trips. I've decided the Cessna 170 fits my need perfectly and they're beautiful to boot. However, I have never had the fortune of riding in one. I was wondering if there is any generous pilot out there in the Pacific NW that would be willing to trade a ride for some gas money. I am in Camas, WA but would be willing to fly to you for a ride. I currently have a 79 Decathlon that I would trade rides in, but its for sale and I'm not certain how much longer I'll have it available.