Possible to Post a PDF from an iPad?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

gfeher

Possible to Post a PDF from an iPad?

Post by gfeher »

I know you can post pictures to the forum (i.e., attach them to a post) from a moble device. But can you attach a pdf -- in my case from an iPad? If so, how? I now use my iPad more than my PC and keep most of my maintenance stuff on my iPad in pdf form. So it's now kind of a pain when I want to attach a pdf from my iPad. I need to copy it to my PC and then post it from there. I'd like to cut out the middle man, so to speak. Any suggestions?
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
'52 170B N2315D s/n 20467 C-145-2
Experimental J3 Cub Copy N7GW O-200
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Possible to Post a PDF from an iPad?

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

You can post a PDF to a post same as a picture but it shows up as a PDF icon that is downloaded to the device that is being used. You can do this from an IPad but in my quick testing the PDF has to be in your photo library which is won't be OR a cloud drive such as iCloud, OneDrive or Google Drive. There might be another way but I can't test right know on anything but my iPhone.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
gfeher

Re: Possible to Post a PDF from an iPad?

Post by gfeher »

Thanks Bruce. But how do you transfer a pdf to your photo library? (I'm not a fan of using a cloud drive.) I have at least two pdf apps and I could not figure out how to transfer a pdf from one of them to my photos library (standard preloaded iPod "Photos" app). I must admit that I'm not impressed with Apple's file system (or I should say lack thereof). You are at the mercy of the file systems and capabilities (or lack thereof) of the individual apps. You can't just copy something in one app to a clipboard and paste it into another app.

No hurry needed on my end to figure this out though, if you are so inclined. Maybe I need to search the App Store for something that will help. :(. I'll keep working on it.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
'52 170B N2315D s/n 20467 C-145-2
Experimental J3 Cub Copy N7GW O-200